Demi Saves Woman's Life Via Twitter
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 3rd 2009 11:59AM
Demi Moore's Twitter page, she saved a woman that was attempting suicide. After Moore received a reply via Twitter from a woman saying she was going to commit suicide, the actress quickly contacted the San Jose police."It is my understanding that the situation was not a joke and that through the collective efforts here action was taken to provide help!" she wrote on Twitter.
On early Friday morning, Moore sent a Twitter to her followers, believing the Twitter message was just a joke. But after further review and replies, Moore took the situation into her own hands and called the San Jose police department to investigate.
"Thanks everyone for reaching out to the San Jose PD. I am told they are aware and no need to call anymore. I do not know this woman," she wrote.
Even Ashton Kutcher wrote about his wife's quick thinking. Kutcher wrote on his Twitter, "wifey reported a suicide attempt based on a at reply tweet she got and saved someones life. the woman is in the hospital now (sic)."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Backstreet Boys documentary: 'We were the biggest band in the world'
- Stars slam Sony for spiking 'The Interview'
- Kellie Pickler: I'm not ready to have kids
- 'Funniest Commericals of the Year' Hits 10th Anniversary, Adds Host Gabriel Iglesias
- Jim Carrey: I'd Love a Role in the New Batman Films
- Watch Craig Ferguson Grill Replacement James Corden: "What Do You Do for a Living?"
- ?The Sing-Off' recap: One night, six groups, 800 blazers
- Truth, answers, and other things ?Serial' never promised you
- What to expect from the season 5 ?Sing-Off' groups: A very careful aca-sessment
- Best of Late Night TV: Jimmy Kimmel's Proposal and Lady Gaga's Advice From A Stripper (VIDEO)
- Sony Pulls 'The Interview'
- Andy Serkis Teases Some Details About 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'