Best Fictional Sports Teams
By Brooke Tarnoff Posted Apr 15th 2009 07:02PM
Best Fictional Sports Teams
(April 15) - As all six brilliant people watching 'Friday Night Lights' will tell you, the show has some of the finest writing on television. The finale was last week, and we're just now realizing we'll have to come up with something else to do on Friday night. We might even leave our houses. But before we say goodbye to the Dillon Panthers for the season, we'd like to pay homage to the pigskin with a list of the top ten fictional sports teams from movies and TV.
10. The Mighty Ducks were a fictional team before they were a real team in Anaheim... which is a little sad. But we still love the movie!
9. The Rancho Carne Toros from 'Bring It On' made cheerleading seem moderately cool. The East Compton Clovers made it seem cooler.
8. The Average Joes from 'Dodgeball' almost made us forget how many nightmares we had about the game in grade school. ALMOST.
7. The New York Knights from 'The Natural' involved both Robert Redford and a "magical" bat called Wonderboy. Win win.
6. Once upon a time, we didn't know Keira Knightley or the term "bend it." After being introduced to the Hounslow Harriers of 'Bend it Like Beckham,' we know both.
5.There are many fictional football teams, but are there any so inspirational (and unsettling) as the foosball boys of University of Louisiana Cougars from 'The Waterboy?' We think not.
4. The Gryffindor team is our favorite when it comes to Quidditch, but we may be biased by the fact that Slytherin players cheat... and are pure evil.
3. The Tune Squad from 'Space Jam' features both Bugs Bunny and Michael Jordan, which is both awesome and impossible.
2. Zac Efron - er, his character - plays for the East High Wildcats... while singing. And having perfect hair. Impressive!
1. And of course, the Dillon Panthers of 'Friday Night Lights' themselves.
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson Gets Sexy Short Haircut, Shows Off Lighter Locks: Instagram Picture
- George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Second Wedding Bash: Details
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Rihanna Looks Sexy in Black, Shows Off Fantastic Figure While Promoting New Fragrance
- Todd Chrisley Sets the Record Straight on His Relationship With His Bipolar Son, Kyle: "I Want What's Best for Him"
- Wow! Jessica Simpson Keeps it Short as She Debuts Brand New Haircut—Take a Look!