Best Fictional Sports Teams
By Brooke Tarnoff Posted Apr 15th 2009 07:02PM
Best Fictional Sports Teams
(April 15) - As all six brilliant people watching 'Friday Night Lights' will tell you, the show has some of the finest writing on television. The finale was last week, and we're just now realizing we'll have to come up with something else to do on Friday night. We might even leave our houses. But before we say goodbye to the Dillon Panthers for the season, we'd like to pay homage to the pigskin with a list of the top ten fictional sports teams from movies and TV.
10. The Mighty Ducks were a fictional team before they were a real team in Anaheim... which is a little sad. But we still love the movie!
9. The Rancho Carne Toros from 'Bring It On' made cheerleading seem moderately cool. The East Compton Clovers made it seem cooler.
8. The Average Joes from 'Dodgeball' almost made us forget how many nightmares we had about the game in grade school. ALMOST.
7. The New York Knights from 'The Natural' involved both Robert Redford and a "magical" bat called Wonderboy. Win win.
6. Once upon a time, we didn't know Keira Knightley or the term "bend it." After being introduced to the Hounslow Harriers of 'Bend it Like Beckham,' we know both.
5.There are many fictional football teams, but are there any so inspirational (and unsettling) as the foosball boys of University of Louisiana Cougars from 'The Waterboy?' We think not.
4. The Gryffindor team is our favorite when it comes to Quidditch, but we may be biased by the fact that Slytherin players cheat... and are pure evil.
3. The Tune Squad from 'Space Jam' features both Bugs Bunny and Michael Jordan, which is both awesome and impossible.
2. Zac Efron - er, his character - plays for the East High Wildcats... while singing. And having perfect hair. Impressive!
1. And of course, the Dillon Panthers of 'Friday Night Lights' themselves.
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette After the Final Rose Recap: Andi Dorfman's Runner-Up Confronts Her About "Making Love" to Him
- Arie Luyendyk Jr., Farmer Chris Soules Being Considered for ABC's Next Bachelor: Details
- Rob Kardashian Resurfaces While Mom Kris Jenner Cries Over His Issues; Audrina Patridge and Corey Bohan Split: Top 5 Monday Stories
- Out Of Kontrol! Teenagers Kendall & Kylie Jenner Cozy Up To Controversial Chris Brown ? Have They Gone Too Far?
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- The Bachelorette Finale: Find Out Who Wins, Who Loses It, & Who Cries – Plus, a Fantasy Suite Secret Revealed!
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Unintentionally Give the Cameras Their Best Blue Steel Face and Kill It!
- Eva Green's Controversial Sin City Outfit is Now Too Sexy For ABC