Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Meets Godson, Jaime King's Baby Leo: Adorable Photos!
- Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige Cast in NBC's Live Production of The Wiz — Plus, Find Out If Beyonce Will Be Involved!
- Bachelorette Fans Michael Sheen, Sarah Silverman Think the Wrong Man Won
- Keith Richards documentary, solo album debut same day
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen pondering 'Fuller House' role, Netflix boss says
- ABC's David Muir and NBC's Lester Holt neck-and-neck
- Carole Radziwill's "Wonderfully Strange" and Wildly Emotional Real Housewives of New York City Journey
- Chrissy Teigen and "Papa John" Legend Can't Stop Making Us Hungry—See Their Steamiest Food Pics!
- YouTube Star Bethany Mota Covers Latina Magazine, Reveals Her Struggle With Bullying: "I Felt Trapped"