Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine Confirms He Is Single, Serenades a "Pine Nut"
- Amy Duggar Music Video: 19 Kids and Counting Niece Releases New Clip
- Scott Disick Argues With Kourtney Kardashian Over Her Need for Space: "We Haven't Slept Together in Five Years"
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Jane Doe in 2005 Bill Cosby civil rape suit comes forward
- Despite band mate shake-ups, AC/DC perseveres with new album, 'Rock or Bust'
- Sorry, Kim: Khloé Kardashian's Butt Might #BreakTheInternet in These See-Through Workout Pants!
- Austin Mahone Slams Report That Camila Cabello Only Dated Him to Sell More Albums
- Lizzie McGuire Lives! Hilary Duff Imagines What Her Beloved Disney Channel Character Is Doing in 2014