Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- B.B. King's Daughters Allege He Was Poisoned
- Carrie Underwood Is "Forever Grateful to American Idol" on 10th Anniversary of Win
- Ryan Reynolds Is Following the Josh Duggar Molestation Scandal
- Family of BB King alleges that blues legend was poisoned by manager, assistant
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Max Greenfield Joins American Horror Story: Hotel, Lady Gaga Dyes Her Hair Blond for Her Part—See Pics!
- PacSun Faces Criticism Memorial Day Weekend for Selling Controversial American Flag T-Shirt—Get the Scoop!
- Kim Kardashian Recalls Crying After Closet Makeover, When Kanye West & Stylist Wanted Her to Get Rid of Shoes