Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce, Kim Kardashian Go Without Underwear, Rock Sheer Gowns at Met Gala 2015: Who Wore the Nearly Naked Look Better?
- Jason Derulo Did Not Trip on the Met Gala 2015 Steps, Was Not Even on Red Carpet, Says Rep
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Sideboob in Super-Sexy Beaded Gown at Met Gala 2015
- Red carpet looks at the 2015 Met Gala
- Garth Brooks talks uncertain future at Sony
- Melissa Rivers: Joan Rivers' death '100 percent preventable'