Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Hints She Disapproves of Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez Romance
- Zach Sobiech Dies: Clouds Singer, 18, Leaves Inspirational Video Behind
- President Obama's High School Prom Photo Surfaces
- California Gurl! Katy Perry Splashes Out $11.2M On Two Mega Mansions In Los Angeles
- ?Do You See A Little Pee-Pee?' Kim Kardashian To Reveal The Sex Of Unborn Baby On Reality Show
- Lindsay Lohan Invites Drug Dealer To Visit Her In Rehab!
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Cannes street style
- Documentary exploring history of Second Amendment features Ted Nugent, Ice-T
- President Barack Obama's "Foxy" Prom Pic: See the Throwback Thursday Photo!
- The Bachelorette Behind-the-Scenes Photos: Desiree Hartsock and Jimmy Kimmel Share a Bed of Roses
- Bill Hader Compares Saturday Night Live Hosts: Disses Justin Bieber, Calls Justin Timberlake a "Class Act"