Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield Photographed Together First Time Post-Split
- Lena Headey Reveals Second Baby Gender: Game of Thrones Star Expecting Girl
- Vampire Diaries Stars Candice Accola, Kat Graham Share Favorite Nina Dobrev Memories With Us Weekly: Watch!
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Blake Lively Just Called Ryan Reynolds a "Hypocrite" and He May Have Totally Deserved It After This Daring Stunt
- Kim Richards Attends Daughter Brooke's "Dream" Wedding in Mexico With Kyle Richards and Paris Hilton
- Kylie Jenner Kicks Off Memorial Day Weekend With Sexy Bikini Tops and Soaking Wet Jeans—Take a Look!