Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Carrie Underwood Says "Mean People Need Jesus," Selena Gomez Curses Onstage: Top 5 Weekend Stories
- Miley Cyrus Rocks a Blonde Bob at a Christmas Music Festival: Picture
- Prince Harry's South Pole Excursion Delayed Due to Inclement Weather
- Memorial for Paul Walker draws thousands in LA
- 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M in second week
- Susan Boyle says she has Asperger's syndrome