Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dan Stevens to Play the Beast Alongside Emma Watson in Disney's Live-Action Beauty and the Beast
- Madonna Rebel Heart Album Review: A Regal, Star-Studded Set
- Tiffani Thiessen Teaches Elizabeth Berkley How to Cook in Sweet Saved By the Bell Reunion
- Glen Campbell's two oldest children fighting wife for control of affairs
- Chris Brown's girlfriend Karrueche Tran dumps him after learning he's a dad
- Bruce Jenner told daughters about transition in front of cameras, report says
- Kristin Cavallari Calls Out NFL Player Kyle Long After He Says Olivia Munn Is Hotter Than Her—Read the Tweets!
- Sir Ian McKellen Is an Older, Wiser, Bee-Keeping Sherlock in New Mr. Holmes Trailer—Watch Now!
- Elle Macpherson's Perfect Bikini Body at 50 Continues to Confound and Amaze