Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tila Tequila Is Pregnant, Kim Kardashian Wears Pink Jumpsuit: Top Weekend Stories
- Angelina Jolie Talks Maleficent in New Featurette: "We've Respected the Classic"
- Ashton Kutcher, Pregnant Mila Kunis Visit New Orleans Brewery: Picture
- Acting For The Court? Oscar Pistorius Accused Of Taking Drama Lessons Before His Trial
- Jenelle Evans Picks Her Baby Daddy Up From Jail After He Gets Early Release
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Who killed the king?
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion Part 1 Ends in a Shocking Brawl Between Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore
- True Blood: "There's No One Left" in the First Trailer for the Final Season—Watch Now!
- Lindsay Lohan Reveals She Had a Miscarriage on the Season Finale of Her OWN Show