Hasselbeck Sued Over 'Survival' Guide
According to the Boston Herald, Susan Hassett, author of 'Living With Celiac Disease,' filed a federal lawsuit in Boston claiming the TV personality infringed on her copyrights. In her lawsuit, Hasset says she sent Hasselbeck a copy of her book along with a homemade cooking video, a personal note, a newspaper article and a business card in April 2008.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Some symptoms include chronic diarrhea, fatigue and weight loss. The only effective treatment of the disease is sticking to a strict, gluten-free diet.
>Hasselbeck has said she discovered she had celiac disease after returning from a 'Survivor' taping in Australia, as she wasn't eating the same foods she normally would in the United States and felt fine.
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Scream Premiere Recap: Get Caught Up On MTV's Terrifying New Show
- Brantley Gilbert Marries Girlfriend Amber Cochran
- Zoo Recap: 5 Things to Know About TV's Craziest New Thriller
- Security beefed up as Bobbi Kristina Brown's condition grows increasingly dire: source
- Chrissy Teigen goes topless for magazine, fights with Instagram
- Miss USA loses Cheryl Burke as a co-host
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Lovely in Lace While Attending Broadway Play With Gal Pal in New York City
- Exclusive Photos—See the Veronica Mars Cast Reunite for a Great Cause!
- So Who's the Killer on MTV's Scream? The Cast and Showrunners Spill Dark Secrets about Ghostface