Hasselbeck Says Lawsuit is 'Without Merit'
"I just want to assure you the allegations are without merit and are being handled appropriately," Hasselbeck said.
The TV personality is accused of copyright infringement for her book, 'The G Fee Diet - A Gluten-Free Survival Guide' from self-published author Susan Hasset. Hasset sent Hasselbeck her own book about the disease, 'Living with Celiac Disease,' last year, along with a cooking video, a personal note and a business card.
Hasselbeck recently discovered she suffers from celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder caused by reactions to a gluten protein found in wheat, barely and rye. Those with the disease must carefully avoid those ingredients in their daily diet.
A statement was released on behalf of Hasselbeck and book publisher Center Street: "There is no basis for the allegations in the Complaint as published in the press. Ms. Hasselbeck worked diligently and tirelessly on her book and is disappointed in this attempt to discredit her work and her ability to bring this important message to the public."
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton Takes Prince George to Swim Lessons as World Awaits Royal Baby
- Ann Wilson of Heart Marries Dean Wetter: Photos
- Brody Jenner Disses Kim Kardashian for Wedding Snub One Year Later
- Suzanne Crough of the 'Partridge Family' dies at 52, report says
- 'Baywatch' alum Jeremy Jackson reportedly arrested for stabbing a man
- Victoria's Secret unveils 10 new models
- Sofía Vergara's Bizarre Hot Pursuit Accident: Reese Witherspoon Almost Knocked Her Teeth Out!
- Joan Collins Heats Up The Royals Set—See the Dame in This Behind-the-Scenes Clip!
- D.L. Hughley Breaks Down in Tears, Shares an Inspiring Story About His Son With Asperger's Syndrome