Vanessa Williams Uses Fashion, Botox to Help Women
"I want to raise awareness for everyone out there who needs a leg up and looking for jobs ... We can help," she told PopEater.
How did you decide to get involved with this campaign?:
"Dress for Success has been around for years, and I contributed to that organization before Allergan (a pharmaceutical company that produces Botox) contacted me about joining this new campaign. As a working woman and actress, I know how important it is to look the part when interviewing for a new position or in any professional setting. The whole intention of the campaign is to celebrate women while giving back."
"As a woman, I have been honest about using Botox. It's no secret that I receive the cosmetic treatments. The procedure has helped reduce the two frown lines in between my brows that give me a tired or stressed appearance... This is an opportunity to educate women if they have any questions about the procedure. I can now direct them to Express Success where they can find out what local doctors give the Botox treatments and how to avoid pitfalls that might happen when you go to a licensed practitioner."
On another note, you're going to start a new season of 'Ugly Betty' in July. Is there anything fans might be surprised will happen this season?
"Actually, you probably know more than me. The only thing I do know is that we are going to have a musical episode. It will be fantastic and happen toward the end of the year. All of us are really excited about that. We're going to be in New York and have the cream of the crop to pull from, whether it is choreographers, lyricists or composers. And of course the Broadway talent is all available here, so it is going to be great."
"I have not spoken to her, but I have seen the pictures. She is beautiful."
"I am doing some dates for my album 'The Real Thing,' which came out June 2nd. I will be performing on the weekends when I can. And I will continue to do events for Express Success throughout the year and in the meantime, show up to work everyday."
"Yeah. I love it -- our show, my character, our ensemble. It is easy when you do stuff that you connect to and that is exactly what I do."
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Salvatore Di Nolfi, Keystone / AP
Sean Gallup, Getty Images
Stephen Lovekin, Getty Images
Denis Farrell, AP
Brad Barket, Getty Images
Chad Buchanan, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Bachelor Women Tell All Recap: Kaitlyn Confronts Chris Soules, Britt Blames Carly for Elimination
- Taran Killam, Whoopi Goldberg Defend Saturday Night Live's ISIS Sketch With Dakota Johnson
- Miranda Lambert Gets Matching Tattoo With Tour Mates RaeLynn and Gwen Sebastian -- See Her New Ink Here!
- Shia LaBeouf's gritty new look includes a rattail and eyebrown piercing
- Suge Knight taken to hospital for 3rd time after he fired lawyers
- Bill Murray and Rick Ross hit studio together
- The Bachelor Women Told All Tonight, and We Fell In Love In A Way We Never Expected
- Amber Portwood Is Engaged to Boyfriend Matt Baier: ''I Never Thought I Could Find Another Man That Could Make Me Feel Love Again''
- Kelly Clarkson Doesn't Worry If Daughter River Rose Is a Lesbian: "As Long As She's Happy, I Don't Care"