Trainer: Madonna's Workout 'Unhealthy'
By Amber James Posted Jul 29th 2009 09:11AM
Women searching for a celebrity diet and exercise regimen sometimes target Madonna as the guru for maintaining a perfectly sculpted body. But after she was photographed on July 26 looking very lean with muscles protruding her skin, the question arose, 'Has Madonna gone too far?'
Under the assistance of her personal trainer Tracy Anderson, Madonna is balancing her workouts and strict diet hoping to find a fountain of youth. The 50-year-old Queen of Pop is striving to stay young and healthy -- and isn't secretive about her strict diet, which bans everything from dairy, spices and caffeine. In addition to her diet, Madonna works out for two hours, six days a week.
In May, Anderson told Us Weekly that "it's perfectly healthy" to lose 3 and 5 pounds a week. Along with intense workouts 12 hours a week, Anderson advised Madonna to stick to a short-term, rapid weight loss diet that bans processed food, dairy and all spices, oil and sauces, alcohol and caffeine.
Shawn Eisenbach, a personal training manager at New York Health & Racquet Club believes Madonna's leaner look is because of her dietary constraints. "I know she is into pilates, but I just think it is her diet. She is super lean [and], eating is sixty-percent of any look. She's definitely on some very strict eating," Eisenbach told PopEater.
Eisenbach admits although the photos "might be distorted," he would not let any of his clients walk out the door looking as lean as Madonna. "People can do cardio four days a week and do weight training two days a week, [but] this is definitely too much. It doesn't look good," he said.
Combined with her workouts, Madonna has been tackling the grueling schedule of her 'Sticky & Sweet' tour since last August, and her leaner look is becoming more defined. According to health sources, Madonna's workouts and low caloric intake might lead to risky health problems in the future. Compulsive exercising can become a threatening disorder and signal potentially dangerous physical risks like dehydration or muscular and skeletal injuries (via Healthy Place).
Fitness trainer Kenville John of Hanson Fitness in Manhattan believes Madonna is getting her lean look outside the gym though. "This is not just a gym body. It is just unnatural. There is no way a person can get this body in a gym," he told PopEater.
Blaming the media spotlight, he assumes the pressure to look young has made Madonna go to this extreme. "Today people can look exactly how they want to look. It is mind boggling and very unhealthy," he said.
"I just hope people don't try to follow her and look like this. This is outrageous, crazy and unnatural," he admits. "Plus, Madonna has a massive tour going on, so who knows what she might be taking to keep her going," he added.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers 'on the road to recovery' or on life support?
- Maria Shriver cheated on Arnold Schwarzenegger too, report says
- '24' movie still might happen after all
- EW's ?Walking Dead' cover photographer reveals how to kill a zombie
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- Baby News! Carrie Underwood Is Pregnant
- Joan Rivers' Health Update: Being Brought Out of Coma, Family Has ?Fingers Crossed'
- Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence and Others Leaked in Massive Hack
- FBI Investigating Naked Celeb Photo Leak; Ariana Grande, Victoria Justice Deny Pics Are Authentic
- Donatella Versace Designed Angelina Jolie's Wedding Dress, Says She "Has It All"
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Wedding Finally Revealed on Keeping Up With the Kardashians