'Bachelorette' Unconcerned By Infidelity Claims
Swiderski's ex-girlfriend Lindsey Johnson and another woman, Bethany Steffen, both told Us Weekly that Swiderski was not faithful to Harris during the filming of 'The Bachelorette' or after she selected him as the winner. Johnson claims that Swiderski sent text messages indicating that Harris wasn't his "type" and that he prefers "all blondes." Johnson says she slept with Swiderski, not realizing he'd popped the question only a day before.
Johnson told Us Weely, "I feel gross, used and completely violated. It shocks me that he was able to do something like that to me."
Steffen, who dated Swiderski before he began filming 'The Bachelorette' in March, says the reality star tried to entice her into bed a week after he proposed to Harris. She says of her decision to go public with the allegation: "Ed's not worth my time, but if I can help someone avoid heartbreak, I'm gonna do that."
Harris has responded to reports that she's devestated by the news, telling PEOPLE, "I am not destroyed! There's a little bit of anxiety that comes with this news, but I am absolutely not destroyed."
"What did he do wrong?" Harris asks. "My biggest concern is with everything that happened after the day we got engaged, and after we got engaged he has been so open with me. He's told me all of this, every little text message and every little phone call. I use his computer. I know that any communication he had with the girls post-show was platonic. I'm not worried about it."
Harris says she understands that Swiderski would have contact with his exes, and that "feelings and emotions are involved. I know what it feels like to fall in love with somebody and to be in love with somebody [while] they are in love with somebody else. It's very heartbreaking. I feel so awful, but since we've been home and since we've been engaged we've been exclusive and he's done nothing wrong."
Harris adds, "Ed and I are trying to find humor in all of this - and there isn't much - but it's bringing us closer."
But Steffen has words of warning for the bride-to-be: "Lindsey and I are both smart girls, and Ed just has this way of making people believe what he wants. Jillian needs to be careful."
Brad Barket, WireImage
Neal Preston, MTV
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Alberto E. Rodriguez, Getty Images
Jamie Sabau, Getty Images
Gustavo Caballero, Getty Images
Peter Kramer, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift to Vanity Fair: Jay Z Brokered Kanye West Reconciliation After VMAs Incident
- Louis Tomlinson Breaks Silence on Baby News: "It's a Very Exciting Time"
- Kim Richards Arrested for Shoplifting From Target, Monty "In Complete Shock" by Claims
- Kim Richards arrested for shoplifting
- 'OITNB' star Ruby Rose shows off tattoos in string bikini
- Amy Schumer on pics with pal Jennifer Lawrence: 'I look like her coach'
- Amy Schumer Shares Details From Her Vacation With Jennifer Lawrence, Thinks She Looks Like the Actress' Coach
- Hollywood Cycle's Carmen Ortega Strips Down for Playboy! See the Super-Sexy Pics
- Rihanna and Lewis Hamilton Spark Romance Rumors at Carnival in Barbados—See the Pic!