Billy Mays' Autopsy Shows Cocaine
Other narcotics were found in May's system, though the St. Petersburg Times reports that Mays was taking hydrocodone, oxycodone and tramadol by prescription for hip pain. The report said that although Mays died from heart disease, cocaine use was a contributing cause of death.
"Cocaine can raise the arterial blood pressure, directly cause thickening of the wall of the left ventricle of the heart, and accelerate the formation of atherosclerosis in the coronary arteries," the Hillsborough County medical examiner's press release stated.
AP Photo/FOX, Michael Becker, File
Taco Bell / AP
Chris O'Meara, AP
David Livingston, Getty Images
Barry King, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Patrick Dempsey Is Still Wearing Wedding Ring After Wife Jillian Fink Files For Divorce: Picture
- Oprah Celebrates 61st Birthday With Tributes, Wishes From Beyonce, Ellen DeGeneres
- Parenthood Finale: Monica Potter Dishes on Wrap Party, Kristina Braverman Role, Reading Final Episode
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show
- Blythe Danner: Even I don't understand my daughter Gwyneth Paltrow