Four! 'Idol' Eyes Paula Replacement
With the sudden departure of 'American Idol' judge Paula Abdul, the show's producers say they're sticking with four judges and on a quest to find her permanent replacement. In the meantime, the show will employ an array of female pop stars including Victoria Beckham and Katy Perry, who will stand in as a guest fourth judge for the audition rounds.
"There is no expectation and no thought right now that any of these judges will be a long-term judge for us," Peter Rice, the chairman for entertainment at Fox Broadcasting told the New York Times.
"All of the people we are talking to have successful careers. I don't even think they would be available."
Rice admits, "it was our hope and expectation that Paula would come back." But she announced that she would not accept Fox's new contract offer, Mr. Rice said. Sources say she was hoping to get around $10 million for this season, but executives were pushing to give sign on for $4 million. Simon Cowell is believed to receive more than $30 million annually from his 'Idol' activities, and Ryan Seacrest last month signed a new contract that gives him "$10 million a year to host the program plus another $15 million over three years for the use of his image to promote 'Idol' and for other development projects," the NYTimes reports.
Earlier this week, PopEater staff compiled our list of stars we'd like to see replace Abdul, including '80s pop singer, Debbie Gibson, four-time Grammy award winner Olivia Newton-John and the outspoken media blogger Perez Hilton. See Our Complete List!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- It's a Girl for Stacy Keibler!
- Why Is NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson Driving Onto a High School Football Field?
- Watch the First Episode of ?Red Band Society' Now!
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode