Curves Cropped, Kelly Clarkson Appears In Fitness Mag
SELF's Editor-in-Chief Lucy Danziger told ETonline.com that "of course" they touch up photos to make needed "corrections" before publishing.
"SELF magazine inspires and informs our 6 million readers each month to reach their all around best," Danziger said. "Kelly Clarkson exudes confidence, and is a great role model for women of all sizes and stages of their life. She works out and is strong and healthy, and our picture shows her confidence and beauty. She literally glows from within. That is the feeling we'd all want to have. We love this cover and we love Kelly Clarkson."
Clarkson's change in physique has received plenty of ink in recent months, primarily due to comments by the singer herself.
In the SELF interview, she tries to explain her weight gain: "Sometimes I eat more; sometimes I play more. I'll be different sizes all the time. When people talk about my weight, I'm like, 'You seem to have a problem with it; I don't. I'm fine!' I've never felt uncomfortable on the red carpet or anything."
In June, she bristled at all the fat jokes she receives, telling an Australian radio show that, "I love my body. I'm very much OK with it. I don't think artists are ever the ones who have the problem with their weight, it is other people."
MORE ABOUT Kelly Clarkson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kelly Clarkson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- This ?Scandal' clothing line lets you dress just like Olivia Pope
- ?Orange Is the New Black' meets ?Golden Girls' in new mash-up video
- Bruce Springsteen headlines Stand Up For Heroes event
- Tracey Edmonds Gets ?The Real' Treatment
- ?The View' Heats Up! Rosie O'Donnell and Nicolle Wallace Clash
- Barbra Streisand Is Ready for a Female President
- Falling Skies Security Guard Killed in Accident on TNT Drama's Set in Vancouver
- Meredith Vieira Opens Up About Past Abusive Relationship, Explains Why She Stayed
- Big Sean Says He and Girlfriend Ariana Grande Have "Great Chemistry" Together, Hints at More Collaborations