Stubble and Weight Gain Give Swayze a Healthy Glow
Pictures in April showed the actor looking painfully thin, with noticeable hair loss due to his cancer treatments. The new photographs show that Swayze has grown a beard and sideburns, as well as packed on some flattering pounds. The long-time smoker was also spotted with a cigarette in hand.
There are various reasons for Swayze's improved health and outlook. A report in the Daily Mail suggest that the actor may have received a new, advanced type of radiotherapy that shoots beams of radiation at hard-to-reach tumors.
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Ron Tom, ABC
Lefteris Pitarakis, AP
Susan Sterner, AP
Rebecca Sapp, WireImage.com
Peter Kramer, AP
Andrew H. Walker, Getty Images
Steve Granitz, WireImage.com
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
The new photographs show Swayze exiting a smoke shop, where he is said to have purchased a glass pipe. Some attribute his comfort and weight gain to the use of medical marijuana. A source told the Enquirer that the drug, which many doctors suggest to relieve cancer symptoms, helps ease his nausea, insomnia and anxiety. Swayze feels more "normal than he has in months," said the source.
"Marijuana works extremely well" for many cancer patients, said California physician Dr. Ron Kennedy, who provides medicinal marijuana. "It helps fight nausea from chemotherapy treatments and may alleviate anorexia or lack of appetite."
Said the source: "Patrick and his brother Donnie get together almost every day and smoke a joint. They have been seen smoking weed on the roof of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center while Patrick was getting a treatment."
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Michael Bezjian, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Jean-Paul Aussenard, WireImage
Jeff Vespa, WireImage
Vince Talotta, Toronto Star / Zuma Press
Craig Sjodin, ABC
Ryan Born, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Star Trek fans 'Spock' Canadian $5 bill to honor late Leonard Nimoy
- Kelly Clarkson finally nabs a duet partner: Jimmy Fallon
- ?NBC Nightly News' wins February sweep despite Brian Williams suspension
- Justin Bieber Spoofs Calvin Klein Ad in Dirty New Roast Promo
- NBC Casts Its 'Problem Child' (Exclusive)
- Elisha Cuthbert, NHL Husband Threaten Sports Network With Lawsuit Over On-Air Tweet
- 13 Sci-Fi Movies That Redefine the Genre
- 'The Breakfast Club' to Get Restoration & SXSW Screening for 30th Anniversary
- 14 Perfect Claire Dunphy Moments