Jeremy Piven Drops Mango-Bomb on Chris Kattan
According to the NY Daily News, the pair got into a shouting match when Kattan, at MTV to promote the IFC series 'Bollywood Hero,' sniped to Piven, "So, what are you here to promote, your Broadway play?" It was in reference to the 'Entourage' star's infamous exit from the show 'Speed the Plow' in December, citing mercury poisoning.
Piven whipped back with a doozy meant to insult Kattan's most known character on 'SNL': "Well, what are you here to promote? Mango?"
The actors continued barking at each other for a few minutes, but all the while, Kattan believed they were just two guys having a laugh.
"After some back and forth, Jeremy said something really personal to Chris that basically attacked his career," said one witness to fracas. "He said 'Whoa, man -- I thought we were just fooling around here.'"
To which Piven responded: "I'm getting sued for that s--t!" .... "It's not funny"
It was at this point that Piven allegedly slammed the door in Kattan's face.
Jason DeCrow, AP
Frank Micelotta, Getty Images
Piven's rep: "Jeremy and Chris did see each other at MTV and they were joking around backstage before a talk show appearance, as many actors do. If it was interpreted as a fight, someone wasn't paying attention."
Kattan's rep: "Chris mistakenly asked Jeremy if he was there to promote his play and Piven fired back with 'What are you here to promote, Mango?' Chris tried to apologize."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- Jason Derulo: Jordin Sparks Split Is "So Behind Me"
- Sarah Stage Poses in Bikini Photo Shoot Five Weeks After Giving Birth, Looks Perfectly Fit: Photos
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''