My Favorite Highway Pay Homage to John Hughes in 'Say So' Video
By Scott Tomford Posted Aug 11th 2009 12:58PM
John Hughes, and My Favorite Highway are no exception. The Virginia rockers debuted the video for their new single, 'Say So,' last month, and it's hard to deny that it took some inspiration from 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off,' one of Hughes' many classics that we're all taking off our DVD shelf to watch these days. The video finds the band playing hooky to have a day of hijinks and beach fun, all while using a "very contagious" case of strep throat as an excuse.
"John Hughes left a profound impact on my own generation. The joy and excitement that his stories brought to audiences around the world was evident in his unique ability to create characters and situations that will have viewers smiling for generations to come," drummer Bobby Morgenthaler tells PopEater. "While Mr. Hughes' legacy will continue to live on through his films, he will be dearly missed."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rapper 'Bobby Shmurda' arrested in gang-related drug case
- North Korea connected to Sony attack as company cancels Dec. 25 release of 'The Interview'Dec. 2
- 'Millionaire Hot Seat' contestant fails on first question
- What to expect from the season 5 ?Sing-Off' groups: A very careful aca-sessment
- Nintendinitis is a real, medical thing ? learn the facts
- What's on Her Ear? See Demi Lovato's Daring New Look and More!
- Pics! Oprah Throws Surprise 60th Birthday Blowout for Gayle King
- Duggar-versy! Jim Bob Duggar Speaks Out on Petition to Cancel '19 Kids & Counting'
- Annie Movie Review: Quvenzhane Wallis' Revamp Is Desperately Aching to Be Hip
- The Interview's Theatrical Release Pulled: Celebrities Like Judd Apatow, Rob Lowe Are Appalled -- Read Their Shocked Tweets
- Graham Rahal, Courtney Force Engaged: Racing's Power Couple Are Tying the Knot!