My Favorite Highway Pay Homage to John Hughes in 'Say So' Video
By Scott Tomford Posted Aug 11th 2009 12:58PM
John Hughes, and My Favorite Highway are no exception. The Virginia rockers debuted the video for their new single, 'Say So,' last month, and it's hard to deny that it took some inspiration from 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off,' one of Hughes' many classics that we're all taking off our DVD shelf to watch these days. The video finds the band playing hooky to have a day of hijinks and beach fun, all while using a "very contagious" case of strep throat as an excuse.
"John Hughes left a profound impact on my own generation. The joy and excitement that his stories brought to audiences around the world was evident in his unique ability to create characters and situations that will have viewers smiling for generations to come," drummer Bobby Morgenthaler tells PopEater. "While Mr. Hughes' legacy will continue to live on through his films, he will be dearly missed."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebrity scale: Better skinny or curvy?
- Paula Deen admits in deposition to using N-word, telling racist jokes, report says
- Country legend Slim Whitman dies at age 90
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Designer Gets Hosed Down By Much Younger Girlfriend
- Transgender Man Featured On VH1 Reality TV Show
- 'Man Of Steel' Gets Religious
- ?Franklin & Bash' star Breckin Meyer takes the EW Pop Culture Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Katy Perry says Russell Brand asked for a divorce via text message
- Watch Brad Pitt and Jimmy Fallon try a yodel duet ? VIDEO
- ?Anchorman 2' Trailer: Ron Burgundy and News Team Assembled
- Johnny Depp on Split with Vanessa Paradis: ?It Wasn't Easy on Me'
- 'The Voice': Cher's 'Luxe Punk' Look and Christina Aguilera's Hot Bod