'G.I. Joe,' The Real American ... Stripper?
Yep, that's right, the man who's kicking a-- and taking names in the blockbuster 'G.I. Joe' movie used to make money from his own guns (and everything else) back in 1999, spending his nights at a Florida male revue club called Male Encounter. His stripper name? A modest and close-enough-to-his-real-name "Chan Crawford."
Channing's former manager London Steele tells Us that the then-18 Tatum was "shy at first, but he really knew how to work the stage." Steele says Tatum worked the stage for about a year before moving onto other, more clothed ventures.
And despite the club's nudity-free zone, "the women went crazy for him!"
Tatum graced the August cover of GQ, and channeled his past profession for a skin-baring photo spread.
MORE ABOUT Channing Tatum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Channing Tatum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Garth Brooks may surpass Elvis Presley by releasing digital music
- Peaches Geldof died from a heroin overdose after relapse, coroner says
- Snoop Dogg: I smoked weed 'in the bathroom' at the White House
- 'Star Wars' Star John Boyega Teases Marvel Role
- Warren Ellis Teaming With 'Walking Dead' Producer for TV Series
- Comic-Con: How Katee Sackhoff and Grace Park Became 'Star Wars' Icons for THR's Preview Issue
- A gif guide to Aviva's leg-gendary ?Real Housewives of New York' finale flip-out
- Survey finds gender pay gap in games industry narrower than US average
- Video: ?The Divide' star Marin Ireland shares your love of ?Soapdish'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Will Sail Into Theaters July 2017
- 11 Movies So Bad They're Worth Watching Just to See How Bad They Are
- This Exclusive 'Wish I Was Here' Preview Is Full of Swearing (VIDEO)