'G.I. Joe,' The Real American ... Stripper?
Yep, that's right, the man who's kicking a-- and taking names in the blockbuster 'G.I. Joe' movie used to make money from his own guns (and everything else) back in 1999, spending his nights at a Florida male revue club called Male Encounter. His stripper name? A modest and close-enough-to-his-real-name "Chan Crawford."
Channing's former manager London Steele tells Us that the then-18 Tatum was "shy at first, but he really knew how to work the stage." Steele says Tatum worked the stage for about a year before moving onto other, more clothed ventures.
And despite the club's nudity-free zone, "the women went crazy for him!"
Tatum graced the August cover of GQ, and channeled his past profession for a skin-baring photo spread.
MORE ABOUT Channing Tatum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Channing Tatum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Country singer RaeLynn reveals secret about former 'Voice' coach Blake Shelton
- Justin Bieber compares his fender bender to Princess Diana crash
- Hello Kitty not a cat, expert says
- Faye Dunaway to Be Honored at Lyon's Lumiere Film Festival
- New York Film Festival Director Protests Beijing Indie Fest Shutdown
- 'Doctor Who' Traveling to Minecraft on Xbox
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- 'Saw' Will Be Back in Theaters to Terrorize You This Halloween
- Meet Chibatman, the Caped Crusader Riding Around Japan (VIDEO)
- YA Movie Parents Who Don't Suck