'G.I. Joe,' The Real American ... Stripper?
Yep, that's right, the man who's kicking a-- and taking names in the blockbuster 'G.I. Joe' movie used to make money from his own guns (and everything else) back in 1999, spending his nights at a Florida male revue club called Male Encounter. His stripper name? A modest and close-enough-to-his-real-name "Chan Crawford."
Channing's former manager London Steele tells Us that the then-18 Tatum was "shy at first, but he really knew how to work the stage." Steele says Tatum worked the stage for about a year before moving onto other, more clothed ventures.
And despite the club's nudity-free zone, "the women went crazy for him!"
Tatum graced the August cover of GQ, and channeled his past profession for a skin-baring photo spread.
MORE ABOUT Channing Tatum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Channing Tatum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Juan Pablo could be the most detested bachelor in history of show
- Box Office: '300: Rise of an Empire' Slays Competition With $45.1 Million Debut
- Shanghai Media Group Says Disney Deal Will Boost Its Quality Content Options
- SXSW: 'Neighbors' Premiere Gives Way to Raunchy Q&A
- ?Cosmos' then and now: The ?personal voyage' of Carl Sagan, the Hollywood cool of Neil deGrasse Tyson