'G.I. Joe,' The Real American ... Stripper?
Yep, that's right, the man who's kicking a-- and taking names in the blockbuster 'G.I. Joe' movie used to make money from his own guns (and everything else) back in 1999, spending his nights at a Florida male revue club called Male Encounter. His stripper name? A modest and close-enough-to-his-real-name "Chan Crawford."
Channing's former manager London Steele tells Us that the then-18 Tatum was "shy at first, but he really knew how to work the stage." Steele says Tatum worked the stage for about a year before moving onto other, more clothed ventures.
And despite the club's nudity-free zone, "the women went crazy for him!"
Tatum graced the August cover of GQ, and channeled his past profession for a skin-baring photo spread.
MORE ABOUT Channing Tatum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Channing Tatum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lawrence reportedly has meltdown on set of David O. Russell movie
- Rosie O'Donnell files for divorce from wife Michelle Rounds
- Biopic of martial arts legend Bruce Lee springs into action
- 'Battle Creek' Stars on Advice From Vince Gilligan, High Expectations
- '12 Monkeys' EP Breaks Down Cole and Cassandra's Relationship
- 'True Blood's' Stephen Moyer Addresses His Addiction Battles at Hollywood Panel
- 'Supergirl' Snags Dean Cain & Helen Slater For 'Mystery Roles'
- Check Out Two New Clips From 'Game of Thrones' (VIDEO)
- 'Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston Could Be Our New 'Crow'