'G.I. Joe,' The Real American ... Stripper?
Yep, that's right, the man who's kicking a-- and taking names in the blockbuster 'G.I. Joe' movie used to make money from his own guns (and everything else) back in 1999, spending his nights at a Florida male revue club called Male Encounter. His stripper name? A modest and close-enough-to-his-real-name "Chan Crawford."
Channing's former manager London Steele tells Us that the then-18 Tatum was "shy at first, but he really knew how to work the stage." Steele says Tatum worked the stage for about a year before moving onto other, more clothed ventures.
And despite the club's nudity-free zone, "the women went crazy for him!"
Tatum graced the August cover of GQ, and channeled his past profession for a skin-baring photo spread.
MORE ABOUT Channing Tatum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Channing Tatum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Brown vs. Houston family feud is just beginning, Bobby's sister vows
- 'Fantastic Four': The Most Marvel Superheroes of All
- Box Office: Tom Cruise's 'Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation' Victorious With $56M U.S. Debut
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Visits Children's Hospital in Full Costume
- Zayn's 'Big Love' For One Direction
- Channing Tatum: Still Gambit!
- 'Downton Abbey': Cast, EP Talk End
- Actor, Wresting Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Gets Digital Release 7 Months Before DVD, Blu-ray
- Can You Match the Tom Cruise Run to the Right Movie?