'G.I. Joe,' The Real American ... Stripper?
Yep, that's right, the man who's kicking a-- and taking names in the blockbuster 'G.I. Joe' movie used to make money from his own guns (and everything else) back in 1999, spending his nights at a Florida male revue club called Male Encounter. His stripper name? A modest and close-enough-to-his-real-name "Chan Crawford."
Channing's former manager London Steele tells Us that the then-18 Tatum was "shy at first, but he really knew how to work the stage." Steele says Tatum worked the stage for about a year before moving onto other, more clothed ventures.
And despite the club's nudity-free zone, "the women went crazy for him!"
Tatum graced the August cover of GQ, and channeled his past profession for a skin-baring photo spread.
MORE ABOUT Channing Tatum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Channing Tatum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- CBS Developing Venice Medical Drama From 'Under the Dome' Team
- India's 'Court' Wins at Mumbai Film Festival
- IFC Films Picks Up Al Pacino's 'Manglehorn'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Soundtrack Will Get Cassette Release (PHOTO)
- New 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Teaser Pits Gale vs. Peeta (VIDEO)
- After 2 Seasons, FX Has Cancelled 'The Bridge'