'G.I. Joe,' The Real American ... Stripper?
Yep, that's right, the man who's kicking a-- and taking names in the blockbuster 'G.I. Joe' movie used to make money from his own guns (and everything else) back in 1999, spending his nights at a Florida male revue club called Male Encounter. His stripper name? A modest and close-enough-to-his-real-name "Chan Crawford."
Channing's former manager London Steele tells Us that the then-18 Tatum was "shy at first, but he really knew how to work the stage." Steele says Tatum worked the stage for about a year before moving onto other, more clothed ventures.
And despite the club's nudity-free zone, "the women went crazy for him!"
Tatum graced the August cover of GQ, and channeled his past profession for a skin-baring photo spread.
MORE ABOUT Channing Tatum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Channing Tatum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miranda Kerr tweets topless shot after Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom dust-up
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Ireland Baldwin channels Kim Basinger in '9 1/2 Weeks'
- Christopher Nolan, J.J. Abrams Win Studio Bailout Plan to Save Kodak Film
- Katie Couric Bids Farewell to Daytime TV with Morgan Freeman, Susan Sarandon and More
- Syfy's 'Sharknado 2': What the Critics Are Saying
- Highlights from Daniel Radcliffe's first Comic-Con
- You're not making it through ?Sharknado 2? without our drinking game
- 'Mudbloods' Is the Quidditch Documentary You Never Knew You Wanted (VIDEO)
- Watch Samuel L. Jackson Say 'Motherf**ker' 171 Times in 27 Different Movies (VIDEO)
- 11 TV Movies So Bad You Just Have to Watch Them (VIDEO)