'G.I. Joe,' The Real American ... Stripper?
Yep, that's right, the man who's kicking a-- and taking names in the blockbuster 'G.I. Joe' movie used to make money from his own guns (and everything else) back in 1999, spending his nights at a Florida male revue club called Male Encounter. His stripper name? A modest and close-enough-to-his-real-name "Chan Crawford."
Channing's former manager London Steele tells Us that the then-18 Tatum was "shy at first, but he really knew how to work the stage." Steele says Tatum worked the stage for about a year before moving onto other, more clothed ventures.
And despite the club's nudity-free zone, "the women went crazy for him!"
Tatum graced the August cover of GQ, and channeled his past profession for a skin-baring photo spread.
MORE ABOUT Channing Tatum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Channing Tatum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Elizabeth Vargas and husband split, report says
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- Berlin to Give Lifetime Achievement Award to Wim Wenders
- Sundance Film Festival ? Hong Kong Selects Announces Lineup
- Reality Bites for 'X Factor' Parent Company FremantleMedia
- ?Spider-Woman #1? has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Nick Offerman reads profound Shower Thoughts from Reddit
- When Are the 2014 Emmys?
- Step Right Up and Enjoy the Creepy New 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Teaser (VIDEO)
- Robert Pattinson's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Hilariously Improvised (VIDEO)