Brad Pitt for Mayor of New Orleans? 'I Don't Have a Chance'
Brad Pitt has a giant spot reserved in his heart for the Big Easy, where he's been working tirelessly for the past few years to rebuild the Hurricane Katrina-ravaged Ninth Ward. His Make It Right charity has so far funded the construction of 15 houses in the area, with 135 more planned by next year.
Pitt's heartfelt efforts, plus the fact he owns a home in the city, have made him a bona fide hero in New Orleans ... and now there's a grassroots movement to draft him for a mayoral run. "Brad Pitt for Mayor" t-shirts have sprung up all around NOLA, with the logo bearing a flattering shot of the actor and bold type.
In a 'Today' interview aired on Thursday, Pitt was asked if he'd serve. "Yeah, yeah," he told Ann Curry, but snarkily detailed some of the items on his platform that would more than likely sink his bid.
"I'm running on the gay marriage, no religion, legalization and taxation of marijuana platform. I don't have a chance." Watch:
Curry pressed on whether he'd seriously run for office, and Pitt conceded "it's not what I do best."
The "Brad Pitt for Mayor" movement is the brainchild of Dr. Thomas M. Bayer of nearby Tulane University and the site Storyville sells the t-shirts, with all proceeds going to Make It Right. Bayer lists 13 reasons Pitt should be Mayor of the city, including his draw for the tourism industry and the simple fact that Angelina Jolie would be the First Lady of New Orleans.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report