Brad Pitt for Mayor of New Orleans? 'I Don't Have a Chance'
Brad Pitt has a giant spot reserved in his heart for the Big Easy, where he's been working tirelessly for the past few years to rebuild the Hurricane Katrina-ravaged Ninth Ward. His Make It Right charity has so far funded the construction of 15 houses in the area, with 135 more planned by next year.
Pitt's heartfelt efforts, plus the fact he owns a home in the city, have made him a bona fide hero in New Orleans ... and now there's a grassroots movement to draft him for a mayoral run. "Brad Pitt for Mayor" t-shirts have sprung up all around NOLA, with the logo bearing a flattering shot of the actor and bold type.
In a 'Today' interview aired on Thursday, Pitt was asked if he'd serve. "Yeah, yeah," he told Ann Curry, but snarkily detailed some of the items on his platform that would more than likely sink his bid.
"I'm running on the gay marriage, no religion, legalization and taxation of marijuana platform. I don't have a chance." Watch:
Curry pressed on whether he'd seriously run for office, and Pitt conceded "it's not what I do best."
The "Brad Pitt for Mayor" movement is the brainchild of Dr. Thomas M. Bayer of nearby Tulane University and the site Storyville sells the t-shirts, with all proceeds going to Make It Right. Bayer lists 13 reasons Pitt should be Mayor of the city, including his draw for the tourism industry and the simple fact that Angelina Jolie would be the First Lady of New Orleans.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Orson Welles' final film may be released
- 'I Was Here': Beyonce song inspires Iraqi youth peace movement
- Watch 'Big Bang Theory's' Nerdiest (and Most Amazing) Surprise
- 'Doctor Who' Season Finale to be Special Extended Episode
- 'Colbert Report' Sets Date for Final Show
- 'Horns' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About Daniel Radcliffe's Devilish New Movie
- Man Dressed as Teletubby Arrested for Stealing Chinese Food
- Tom Hiddleston to Star in AMC Miniseries With Hugh Laurie