Abbie Cornish: Early Days of Phillippe Romance Were 'Difficult'
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 13th 2009 02:26PM
Cornish, who was working with Phillippe at the time of his separation from Witherspoon, was widely assumed to be the cause of their split. In the interview, Cornish describes enduring that situation and makes us believe a historical romance based on John Keats' life might actually appeal to a mainstream audience. Highlights are below, and you can check out the full interview here.
On Los Angeles: "I guess I was lucky because it was love that brought me here, not work. I think the city feels and looks a little bit different because of that."
On press attention at the start of her relationship: "It was a really difficult time for me. It was just this world of tabloid magazines that I'd never been exposed to. In a normal successful career, someone usually learns these things bit by bit. For me, it was like night and day. I woke up one day and there was this whole new thing I had to process and deal with."
On the appeal of 'Bright Star': "People seemed to love it. They seemed to absorb what you hoped they would absorb... It was just beautiful,. You melted away into that world. The love story, the loss... that all felt very real to me and very alive.
On filming Zack Snyder's big-budget picture 'Sucker Punch': "It's a little bit scary. But the intensity and focus of it is what I enjoy. It's not like you put your toe in the water and wade around a little. You just dive in the deep end, swim around and then come out the other side. I like that feeling."
Abbie Cornish Snapshots
See more photos of actress Abbie Cornish and boyfriend Ryan Phillippe >>>
Getty Images Europe
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Baltimore Ravens Reportedly Knew Details of Ray Rice Video Hours After Violent Incident
- Jimmy Fallon's 40th: James Franco, Seth Rogen and Stevie Wonder Surprise on 'Tonight Show'
- Academy Announces Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting Finalists
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- These Are the 15 Funniest 'The Cosby Show' Episodes Ever (VIDEO)
- Our Hopes for 'The Good Wife' Season 6: Alicia Florrick, State's Attorney?
- Marvel's 'Deadpool' Gets 2016 Release Date -- And Maybe Ryan Reynolds