'Marley' and Demme ... Not So Much
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 14th 2009 08:53AM
Martin Scorcese dropped out. Now, it's Jonathan Demme's turn. 'Marley,' the much-anticipated documentary about the life of reggae god Bob Marley, has lost another director. According to a Page Six source, Demme was cut loose after the film's producer, Steve Bing, viewed the 'Silence of the Lamb' director's first round of editing and was not pleased.
'Trench Town Rock' Acoustic Medley
It's not entirely clear whether Demme left on his own or was fired outright. Scorcese left the Marley family-approved project last May citing scheduling conflicts.
Bing better work fast. 'Marley' is scheduled to open on Feb. 6, which would be the singer's 65th birthday. He died in 1980.
Demme's rep, Leslee Dart, told Page Six she was unable to reach the director for comment.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- North Carolina film incentives chopped
- Lauren Bacall leaves $10,000 for her beloved dog in will
- Pam Anderson criticizes ALS ice bucket challenge
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- Fact or Fiction? Gossip Cop Breaks Down Rumors on Brangelina, Tom Hanks and More!
- It's a Girl for Stacy Keibler!
- Why Is NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson Driving Onto a High School Football Field?