'Marley' and Demme ... Not So Much
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 14th 2009 08:53AM
Martin Scorcese dropped out. Now, it's Jonathan Demme's turn. 'Marley,' the much-anticipated documentary about the life of reggae god Bob Marley, has lost another director. According to a Page Six source, Demme was cut loose after the film's producer, Steve Bing, viewed the 'Silence of the Lamb' director's first round of editing and was not pleased.
'Trench Town Rock' Acoustic Medley
It's not entirely clear whether Demme left on his own or was fired outright. Scorcese left the Marley family-approved project last May citing scheduling conflicts.
Bing better work fast. 'Marley' is scheduled to open on Feb. 6, which would be the singer's 65th birthday. He died in 1980.
Demme's rep, Leslee Dart, told Page Six she was unable to reach the director for comment.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- Watch with us: The SAG Awards
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- SAG Awards 2015: Watch the Red Carpet LIVE!
- Farrah Abraham Puckers Up After Pout Trout Disaster
- Hollywood's Hottest Mother Daughter Combo Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn WOW in Paris
- Angelina Jolie Visits Iraq, Meets ISIS Victims in Refugee Camp: Pictures
- Farrah Abraham Steps Out With New Boyfriend Simon Saran in Las Vegas After Botched Lip Injections: Pictures!
- Nikki Reed Talks Fiance Ian Somerhalder: "He's the Most Amazing Man That's Ever Walked the Planet"