'Marley' and Demme ... Not So Much
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 14th 2009 08:53AM
Martin Scorcese dropped out. Now, it's Jonathan Demme's turn. 'Marley,' the much-anticipated documentary about the life of reggae god Bob Marley, has lost another director. According to a Page Six source, Demme was cut loose after the film's producer, Steve Bing, viewed the 'Silence of the Lamb' director's first round of editing and was not pleased.
'Trench Town Rock' Acoustic Medley
It's not entirely clear whether Demme left on his own or was fired outright. Scorcese left the Marley family-approved project last May citing scheduling conflicts.
Bing better work fast. 'Marley' is scheduled to open on Feb. 6, which would be the singer's 65th birthday. He died in 1980.
Demme's rep, Leslee Dart, told Page Six she was unable to reach the director for comment.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- 10 New Summer TV Shows to Watch
- Win a Grillbot! The First Automatic Grill-Cleaning Robot
- Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations: Old Police Report Reveals New Details
- One Tree Hill Creator Mark Schwahn, James Lafferty, Bryan Greenberg Reveal Where Characters Would Be Now
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Posts Romantic Freddie Prinze Jr. Throwback Photo: "We Were Babes!"
- Cuba Gooding Jr., David Schwimmer Look Identical to O.J. Simpson and Robert Kardashian in American Crime Story ? See the Official Cast Photos