'Marley' and Demme ... Not So Much
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 14th 2009 08:53AM
Martin Scorcese dropped out. Now, it's Jonathan Demme's turn. 'Marley,' the much-anticipated documentary about the life of reggae god Bob Marley, has lost another director. According to a Page Six source, Demme was cut loose after the film's producer, Steve Bing, viewed the 'Silence of the Lamb' director's first round of editing and was not pleased.
'Trench Town Rock' Acoustic Medley
It's not entirely clear whether Demme left on his own or was fired outright. Scorcese left the Marley family-approved project last May citing scheduling conflicts.
Bing better work fast. 'Marley' is scheduled to open on Feb. 6, which would be the singer's 65th birthday. He died in 1980.
Demme's rep, Leslee Dart, told Page Six she was unable to reach the director for comment.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- That's not me naked!
- Danica Patrick reveals ?secret' country music album at 2013 American Country Awards
- Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line win big at American Country Awards
- ?SYTYCD' stars Allison and tWitch got hitched!
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift wishes
- ?NCIS': How many exes does it take to solve a crime?
- Extra Scoop: Tila Tequila Believes Hitler Was Misunderstood
- Jennifer Lawrence on 'American Hustle': 'Yeah, I Made Out with Batman'
- Kim Kardashian Selfie Alert! Emulates Her Idol Elizabeth Taylor