'Marley' and Demme ... Not So Much
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 14th 2009 08:53AM
Martin Scorcese dropped out. Now, it's Jonathan Demme's turn. 'Marley,' the much-anticipated documentary about the life of reggae god Bob Marley, has lost another director. According to a Page Six source, Demme was cut loose after the film's producer, Steve Bing, viewed the 'Silence of the Lamb' director's first round of editing and was not pleased.
'Trench Town Rock' Acoustic Medley
It's not entirely clear whether Demme left on his own or was fired outright. Scorcese left the Marley family-approved project last May citing scheduling conflicts.
Bing better work fast. 'Marley' is scheduled to open on Feb. 6, which would be the singer's 65th birthday. He died in 1980.
Demme's rep, Leslee Dart, told Page Six she was unable to reach the director for comment.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?New Girl' renewed for season 5 by Fox
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'sexist;' Comedy Central stands behind new 'Daily Show' host
- 'Britain's Got Talent' execs afraid of host's wardrobe malfunctions?
- Exclusive! Joe Giudice Describes Teresa's Life in Prison and More
- Go Gold! Get Rumer Willis' ?Dancing with the Stars? Sexy Samba Beauty Look!
- Extra Scoop: Comedy Central Defends 'Daily Show' Replacement Trevor Noah
- Snoop Dogg Looks Clean-Cut, Nearly Unrecognizable in Adorable High School Yearbook Photo
- Busy Philipps Promises the Cougar Town Finale Will Be "Perfect" -- But Don't Forget the Wine!
- Stephanie Pratt Goes Topless on Magazine Cover, Says Tell-All Memoir Will Reveal Hills Secrets