'Marley' and Demme ... Not So Much
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 14th 2009 08:53AM
Martin Scorcese dropped out. Now, it's Jonathan Demme's turn. 'Marley,' the much-anticipated documentary about the life of reggae god Bob Marley, has lost another director. According to a Page Six source, Demme was cut loose after the film's producer, Steve Bing, viewed the 'Silence of the Lamb' director's first round of editing and was not pleased.
'Trench Town Rock' Acoustic Medley
It's not entirely clear whether Demme left on his own or was fired outright. Scorcese left the Marley family-approved project last May citing scheduling conflicts.
Bing better work fast. 'Marley' is scheduled to open on Feb. 6, which would be the singer's 65th birthday. He died in 1980.
Demme's rep, Leslee Dart, told Page Six she was unable to reach the director for comment.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian's selfie book 'Selfish' didn't sell
- Kelly Osbourne's comments on 'The View' offend
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dies at 85
- Miley Cyrus Parties Like It's 1989 in NSFW Photo Shoot
- Beauty by the Numbers! How to Have Flawless Skin
- Pic! Snooki Got Her Lips Plumped
- Kermit, Miss Piggy Split Makes Celebs Mourn: See the Best Reactions!
- Jason Segel Ate "12 Hot Pockets a Day" to Gain Weight for The End of the Tour, and It Wasn't Fun: "You Have No Energy"
- Kelly Osbourne Apologizes for Offensive Latinos Comment: "I Whole-Hearted F--ked Up"