'Marley' and Demme ... Not So Much
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 14th 2009 08:53AM
Martin Scorcese dropped out. Now, it's Jonathan Demme's turn. 'Marley,' the much-anticipated documentary about the life of reggae god Bob Marley, has lost another director. According to a Page Six source, Demme was cut loose after the film's producer, Steve Bing, viewed the 'Silence of the Lamb' director's first round of editing and was not pleased.
'Trench Town Rock' Acoustic Medley
It's not entirely clear whether Demme left on his own or was fired outright. Scorcese left the Marley family-approved project last May citing scheduling conflicts.
Bing better work fast. 'Marley' is scheduled to open on Feb. 6, which would be the singer's 65th birthday. He died in 1980.
Demme's rep, Leslee Dart, told Page Six she was unable to reach the director for comment.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Melanie Griffith: It Will Be ?Too Awkward' to See Daughter in ?50 Shades of Grey'
- North West Is So Stinkin' Cute in Her Skunk Halloween Costume
- Holly-ween Pics! Kate Hudson's Sexy Leather Biker Costume and More
- Kate Hudson Halloween Party Guest Wears Blue Balls Costume, Wins Halloween
- Teresa Giudice's Daughter Gia, 13, Releases Risque, Questionable Music Video With Girl Group 3KT
- Lucy Hale Channels Liza Minnelli for Flaunt Magazine, Looks Just as Gorgeous With a Black Bob Hairstyle