'Marley' and Demme ... Not So Much
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 14th 2009 08:53AM
Martin Scorcese dropped out. Now, it's Jonathan Demme's turn. 'Marley,' the much-anticipated documentary about the life of reggae god Bob Marley, has lost another director. According to a Page Six source, Demme was cut loose after the film's producer, Steve Bing, viewed the 'Silence of the Lamb' director's first round of editing and was not pleased.
'Trench Town Rock' Acoustic Medley
It's not entirely clear whether Demme left on his own or was fired outright. Scorcese left the Marley family-approved project last May citing scheduling conflicts.
Bing better work fast. 'Marley' is scheduled to open on Feb. 6, which would be the singer's 65th birthday. He died in 1980.
Demme's rep, Leslee Dart, told Page Six she was unable to reach the director for comment.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kanye West tweets apology to Beck for Grammys stagecrashing incident
- Woman asks about dress color, Internet loses collective mind
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Extra Scoop: Who Would Steal Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress?
- Robin Williams' Daughter's First Interview Since Her Father's Death
- Courteney Cox and Johnny McDaid Put Breakup Rumors to Rest
- Tumblr Dress Debate: Is This Dress White and Gold or Blue and Black? Every Celeb ? and Person ? On the Internet Is Freaking Out
- Kim Kardashian, Rita Ora Attend Same Party in Nearly Identical Pink Latex Dresses -- See the Pics!
- Amanda Peet Has Gotten "Hate Mail" Over Her Pro-Vaccination Beliefs