Movie Set Effects Prove Dangerous for Mark Wahlberg
Mark Wahlberg takes his work seriously, but he took in a little much with his role in 'The Fighter,' according to RadarOnline. The actor was rushed to the hospital Friday after smoke inhalation on the movie set caused breathing difficulty.
"Mark was working on a scene [Thursday night] where a smoke machine was being used for atmosphere and apparently he breathed in too much smoke," a source told the site.
"When he woke up Friday morning he was gasping for breath so he was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was put on a breathing device that helped clear his lungs."
Wahlberg was treated and released on Friday. He was back on set that same day. Wahlberg will appear in 'The Fighter' with Christian Bale and Amy Adams.
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Michael Bezjian, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Jean-Paul Aussenard, WireImage
Jeff Vespa, WireImage
Vince Talotta, Toronto Star / Zuma Press
Craig Sjodin, ABC
Ryan Born, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Aretha Franklin: Obama was 'tired' when he misspelled 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T'
- Fox Combines Development and Programming, Ups 5 Execs
- 'Girls on Girls (+ One Guy)' Podcast: Sex, Lies and House Underwear
- Terrence Malick-Produced 'The Better Angels' Gets U.S. Distribution
- I'm Still Not Over? The ending of ?Xena: Warrior Princess'
- Hey, remember that time a ?True Detective' villain slept with Charlotte on ?Sex and the City'?
- 'Batman vs. Superman': Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic
- Chris Hemsworth Says 'Age of Ultron' Is 'Bigger' & 'Crazier' Than the First 'Avengers'