Movie Set Effects Prove Dangerous for Mark Wahlberg
Mark Wahlberg takes his work seriously, but he took in a little much with his role in 'The Fighter,' according to RadarOnline. The actor was rushed to the hospital Friday after smoke inhalation on the movie set caused breathing difficulty.
"Mark was working on a scene [Thursday night] where a smoke machine was being used for atmosphere and apparently he breathed in too much smoke," a source told the site.
"When he woke up Friday morning he was gasping for breath so he was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was put on a breathing device that helped clear his lungs."
Wahlberg was treated and released on Friday. He was back on set that same day. Wahlberg will appear in 'The Fighter' with Christian Bale and Amy Adams.
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Michael Bezjian, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Jean-Paul Aussenard, WireImage
Jeff Vespa, WireImage
Vince Talotta, Toronto Star / Zuma Press
Craig Sjodin, ABC
Ryan Born, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amalie Lee documents recovery from anorexia on Instagram
- How 'Fear of The Walking Dead' star Elizabeth Rodriguez deals with gore
- Miley Cyrus disses Taylor Swift: 'I don't want to be in the squad'
- 'I Love Lucy' to Return to TV...in Latvia
- Watch Irish Director Get Censored on Russian TV
- London Film Festival Unveils Full Lineup
- Bill Murray Reveals Why He Took a 'Ghostbusters' Cameo
- President Obama Will Go 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls' in Alaska
- 9 Celebs We Want to See on 'Dancing With the Stars'