Movie Set Effects Prove Dangerous for Mark Wahlberg
Mark Wahlberg takes his work seriously, but he took in a little much with his role in 'The Fighter,' according to RadarOnline. The actor was rushed to the hospital Friday after smoke inhalation on the movie set caused breathing difficulty.
"Mark was working on a scene [Thursday night] where a smoke machine was being used for atmosphere and apparently he breathed in too much smoke," a source told the site.
"When he woke up Friday morning he was gasping for breath so he was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was put on a breathing device that helped clear his lungs."
Wahlberg was treated and released on Friday. He was back on set that same day. Wahlberg will appear in 'The Fighter' with Christian Bale and Amy Adams.
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Michael Bezjian, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Jean-Paul Aussenard, WireImage
Jeff Vespa, WireImage
Vince Talotta, Toronto Star / Zuma Press
Craig Sjodin, ABC
Ryan Born, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
- CNN Overtakes MSNBC in July as Ratings Take a Hit
- Nickelodeon Orders '100 Things to Do' Comedy From 'Big Time Rush' Creator
- 'The Longest Week' Trailer: Jason Bateman and Olivia Wilde's Secret Romance (Video)
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler
- Quentin Tarantino May Finally Release 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair'
- Chris Pratt Surprises Kids at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening, Steals Our Hearts (VIDEO)