Movie Set Effects Prove Dangerous for Mark Wahlberg
Mark Wahlberg takes his work seriously, but he took in a little much with his role in 'The Fighter,' according to RadarOnline. The actor was rushed to the hospital Friday after smoke inhalation on the movie set caused breathing difficulty.
"Mark was working on a scene [Thursday night] where a smoke machine was being used for atmosphere and apparently he breathed in too much smoke," a source told the site.
"When he woke up Friday morning he was gasping for breath so he was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was put on a breathing device that helped clear his lungs."
Wahlberg was treated and released on Friday. He was back on set that same day. Wahlberg will appear in 'The Fighter' with Christian Bale and Amy Adams.
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Michael Bezjian, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Jean-Paul Aussenard, WireImage
Jeff Vespa, WireImage
Vince Talotta, Toronto Star / Zuma Press
Craig Sjodin, ABC
Ryan Born, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Wardrobe whoopsies: On purpose, or an accident?
- Rapper cuts off penis in suicide attempt, reattach fails, report says
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999
- Cannes Fest Director Comments on 'Persona Non Grata' T-Shirt Lars von Trier Wore in Berlin
- Watch Live as the Cannes Film Festival Announces Its Lineup (Video)
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation Signs Major Content Deal in China
- Confessions from a ?Real World' open casting call
- ?Arrow' recap: It's not easy being green
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Post-Credits Clip Teases 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- This Is the Reason 'Noah' Is Full of White People
- Chloe Grace Moretz Officially Joins 'The 5th Wave'