Movie Set Effects Prove Dangerous for Mark Wahlberg
Mark Wahlberg takes his work seriously, but he took in a little much with his role in 'The Fighter,' according to RadarOnline. The actor was rushed to the hospital Friday after smoke inhalation on the movie set caused breathing difficulty.
"Mark was working on a scene [Thursday night] where a smoke machine was being used for atmosphere and apparently he breathed in too much smoke," a source told the site.
"When he woke up Friday morning he was gasping for breath so he was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was put on a breathing device that helped clear his lungs."
Wahlberg was treated and released on Friday. He was back on set that same day. Wahlberg will appear in 'The Fighter' with Christian Bale and Amy Adams.
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Michael Bezjian, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Jean-Paul Aussenard, WireImage
Jeff Vespa, WireImage
Vince Talotta, Toronto Star / Zuma Press
Craig Sjodin, ABC
Ryan Born, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' scores big at box office
- Jamie Foxx criticized for his version of national anthem
- Princess Diana's pal says she would have loved a granddaughter
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at Entire Cast in Costume (Photo)
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega Land on Vanity Fair Cover
- Stephen Colbert and Richard Gere Talk Concepts of Reality at Montclair Film Fest: "You Are Blowing My Mind"
- Watch SNL's Hilariously Spot-on Black Widow Movie Trailer
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Smashes Way to Second Biggest Box Office Opening Ever
- 7 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About Marvel's 'Avengers'