Movie Set Effects Prove Dangerous for Mark Wahlberg
Mark Wahlberg takes his work seriously, but he took in a little much with his role in 'The Fighter,' according to RadarOnline. The actor was rushed to the hospital Friday after smoke inhalation on the movie set caused breathing difficulty.
"Mark was working on a scene [Thursday night] where a smoke machine was being used for atmosphere and apparently he breathed in too much smoke," a source told the site.
"When he woke up Friday morning he was gasping for breath so he was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was put on a breathing device that helped clear his lungs."
Wahlberg was treated and released on Friday. He was back on set that same day. Wahlberg will appear in 'The Fighter' with Christian Bale and Amy Adams.
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Michael Bezjian, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Jean-Paul Aussenard, WireImage
Jeff Vespa, WireImage
Vince Talotta, Toronto Star / Zuma Press
Craig Sjodin, ABC
Ryan Born, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miss USA loses Cheryl Burke as a co-host
- Miss Universe pageant declares the show must go on, but will anyone see it?
- James Patterson's 'Zoo': Humans in big trouble when animals take back planet on new series
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner: We're Getting Divorced
- 'Minority Report' Splits Lead, Adds Nick Zano as Co-Star
- Veteran WME Mailroom Employee Gets Spotlight in Heartwarming Short
- 25 Fictional Strippers of TV and Film, Ranked From Worst to Best
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Are Getting Divorced
- All the 'Harry Potter' Movies, Ranked From Worst to Best