Dion's Doc: Her New Baby Came From 8-Year-Old Frozen Egg
Dion's doctor, Dr. Zev Rosenwaks, tells PEOPLE that he performend the in vitro fertilization for Celine's pregnancy, and that when he informed her that the pregnancy had taken, he "could hear her chuckling" with joy. "She was very happy. So was René [Angelil, her husband]. They are both very thankful."
Dion had her embryos frozen while the couple was trying to conceive their first child together, Rene-Charles. Rene was born in 2001, and years later in 2009, the frozen embryos were still good to use.
"She came back to have the embryos transferred back because she wanted to have another baby," Rosenwaks says. The doctor says that "there have been embryos that have been [frozen] for more than 10 years, and even more than 15 years, that have successfully thawed and resulted in a pregnancy," so Dion's eight year timeframe was of no major concern.
Rosenwaks says Dion "is feeling well. So far, so good. I look forward to hearing the fetal heartbeat. Rene and Celine are both looking forward to pregnancy that is a healthy one."
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage.com
Michelly Rall, WireImage
Evan Agostini, Getty Images
Jordan Strauss, WireImage
Kevin Mazur, WireImage
Jamie McCarthy, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Aretha Franklin: Obama was 'tired' when he misspelled 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T'
- ?Believe' react: Life doesn't wait for long
- ?How I Met Your Mother' react: Lily's got a secret and the Mosby Boys return!
- ?The Bachelor' finale: ?Whoo! I'm glad I didn't pick her!'
- Extra Scoop: Justin Bieber Serenades Selena Gomez? Is Jelena Back?
- Elizabeth Moss Says She Should Never Have Married Fred Armisen
- First Look! NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani Rehearse for 'DWTS'