Dion's Doc: Her New Baby Came From 8-Year-Old Frozen Egg
Dion's doctor, Dr. Zev Rosenwaks, tells PEOPLE that he performend the in vitro fertilization for Celine's pregnancy, and that when he informed her that the pregnancy had taken, he "could hear her chuckling" with joy. "She was very happy. So was René [Angelil, her husband]. They are both very thankful."
Dion had her embryos frozen while the couple was trying to conceive their first child together, Rene-Charles. Rene was born in 2001, and years later in 2009, the frozen embryos were still good to use.
"She came back to have the embryos transferred back because she wanted to have another baby," Rosenwaks says. The doctor says that "there have been embryos that have been [frozen] for more than 10 years, and even more than 15 years, that have successfully thawed and resulted in a pregnancy," so Dion's eight year timeframe was of no major concern.
Rosenwaks says Dion "is feeling well. So far, so good. I look forward to hearing the fetal heartbeat. Rene and Celine are both looking forward to pregnancy that is a healthy one."
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage.com
Michelly Rall, WireImage
Evan Agostini, Getty Images
Jordan Strauss, WireImage
Kevin Mazur, WireImage
Jamie McCarthy, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Justin Bieber gets May 5 trial date for DUI and other Florida charges
- Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez perform sexy dance routine ? VIDEO
- ?Game of Thrones': Vanity Fair asks the cast who should sit on the Iron Throne ? VIDEO
- Robert Rodriguez reveals the movie that scared him as a kid in our Pop Culture Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Catherine Lowe Slams Bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis: "Don't Slap the Hand That Fed You," Husband Sean Lowe Admits Finale Was "Painful to Watch"
- Liam Neeson Supports Horse-Drawn Carriages, Calls Out New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
- Frank Ocean, Chipotle Feud: Singer Shares "F--- YOU" Check, Company Claims Money Wasn't Returned