Judge Absolves Paris, Disses Movie
'Pledge This!' made just $2.9 million worldwide, according to court documents. At the trial in July, Hilton testified she did her best to promote the movie, but claimed the movie's producers were amateurs and made last-minute demands for appearances that conflicted with her schedule.
"The court finds compelling evidence in the record that 'Pledge This!' lost money because the film's inexperienced producers hastily cobbled together a wholly inadequate marketing plan," the judge wrote in his decision, according to the Associated Press. "They sent scattershot requests to their principal star in the hopes that she could find time to promote a sinking ship."
Hilton, 28, may still have to return part of the $1 million fee she received for her role in 'Pledge This!' The judge allowed prosecutors until August 26 to submit arguments that Hilton should be obligated to repay the investors, based on how much of the fee was for plugging the film.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- 'Silkwood': Read THR's 1983 Review
- Stephen Hawking's 5 Most Mind-Blowing Quotes
- How the Media Covered The Real Events That Inspired 'Foxcatcher'
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- 10 of the Greatest Movie Transformations Ever
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Snags Brenton Thwaites, Possibly Javier Bardem