Judge Absolves Paris, Disses Movie
'Pledge This!' made just $2.9 million worldwide, according to court documents. At the trial in July, Hilton testified she did her best to promote the movie, but claimed the movie's producers were amateurs and made last-minute demands for appearances that conflicted with her schedule.
"The court finds compelling evidence in the record that 'Pledge This!' lost money because the film's inexperienced producers hastily cobbled together a wholly inadequate marketing plan," the judge wrote in his decision, according to the Associated Press. "They sent scattershot requests to their principal star in the hopes that she could find time to promote a sinking ship."
Hilton, 28, may still have to return part of the $1 million fee she received for her role in 'Pledge This!' The judge allowed prosecutors until August 26 to submit arguments that Hilton should be obligated to repay the investors, based on how much of the fee was for plugging the film.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Walking Dead' Companion Series Title Revealed
- Tribeca: Bill Simmons, Bloomberg News' Mary Childs Among Disruptive Innovation Honorees
- Russo Brothers Open Getaway Productions, Tap Mike Larocca as President (Exclusive)
- 'Home' Review: 5 Things Every Parent Needs to Know
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Transformation for 'Southpaw' Is Crazy (VIDEO)
- 9 Reasons Why the 'X-Files' Revival Matters