Judge Absolves Paris, Disses Movie
'Pledge This!' made just $2.9 million worldwide, according to court documents. At the trial in July, Hilton testified she did her best to promote the movie, but claimed the movie's producers were amateurs and made last-minute demands for appearances that conflicted with her schedule.
"The court finds compelling evidence in the record that 'Pledge This!' lost money because the film's inexperienced producers hastily cobbled together a wholly inadequate marketing plan," the judge wrote in his decision, according to the Associated Press. "They sent scattershot requests to their principal star in the hopes that she could find time to promote a sinking ship."
Hilton, 28, may still have to return part of the $1 million fee she received for her role in 'Pledge This!' The judge allowed prosecutors until August 26 to submit arguments that Hilton should be obligated to repay the investors, based on how much of the fee was for plugging the film.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Actress Kelly Rutherford's children must be returned to US, judge says
- In Her Shoes: A Chat With 'Grey's Anatomy' Actress Camilla Luddington
- This Is What the Cast Wears in Beach Boys Biopic 'Love & Mercy'
- Japan Box Office: 'Cinderella' Spends Fifth Weekend on Top
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei's Comeuppance, Dany Meets 'The Gift'
- 'Braveheart': 25 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Mel Gibson's Epic
- 'Fantastic Four' Star Michael B. Jordan Responds to Critics of Black Johnny Storm