Streisand's Ex Auctioning Private Tapes
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 21st 2009 10:07AM
Barbra Streisand's ex-boyfriend is hoping to make a quick million off the singer by auctioning off tapes of her earliest performances, NY Post reports. With bids starting at $1 million, Barry Dennen is taking a risky move admitting, "I'm a little trepidatious. I don't know what the fallout will be. I don't like upsetting Barbra, and I don't want her fans angry at me."
Dennen said he met Streisand in 1959 as cast mates in the off-Broadway play, 'The Insect Comedy' and became lovers soon after. The two collaborated on a few songs and he has held onto those tapes until now.
According to reports, the tapes include Streisand singing 'A Taste of Honey' and 'Two Brothers' in Dennen's apartment, with him accompanying on guitar.
There's also a Sept. 17, 1960, rehearsal at the Bon Soir nightclub, where Streisand sang 'Keepin' Out of Mischief Now,' 'A Sleepin' Bee,' 'I Want To Be Bad,' 'When Sunny Gets Blue,' 'Lover Come Back to Me,' 'Nobody's Heart' and 'Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?'
After they broke up, she asked for the tapes back, but Dennen refused. "I said 'No. They are the only thing I have left of our collaboration,'" he recalled. Now the private tapes are being auctioned off to the highest bidder on his Web site, MomentsInTime.com. The auction will end on September 24.
A spokesman for Streisand said, "Our lawyers are dealing with this."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Zac Efron Opens Up to Bear Grylls About Why He Entered Rehab
- Lady Gaga's Parents Respond to Rumors About a Wedding for Their Daughter
- ?Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman Opens Up About Nick Viall's Bedroom Confession