Piven Prevails in Contract Dispute
In December, Piven's doctor said the actor was suffering from mercury poisoning after eating too much fish.
Piven says in a statement that he's pleased with the outcome and says he's been vindicated.
The producers, meanwhile, expressed disappointment. They says they respect the decision, but strongly disagree with it.
At the time of Piven's departure, playwright David Mamet told Daily Variety, "I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."
Piven is also known for playing Hollywood agent Ari on "Entourage."
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to Gay Bar, Gwyneth Paltrow Attends Jennifer Aniston's Holiday Party: Top 5 Stories
- Adam Shankman Checks Into Rehab, "Seeking Treatment"
- Paris Hilton Reunites With Simple Life Costar, Former BFF Nicole Richie in Miami: Picture
- Kenya Moore Reveals Heartbreaking Relationship With Her Mother: She Doesn’t Love Me & Pretends I’m Invisible
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'