Piven Prevails in Contract Dispute
In December, Piven's doctor said the actor was suffering from mercury poisoning after eating too much fish.
Piven says in a statement that he's pleased with the outcome and says he's been vindicated.
The producers, meanwhile, expressed disappointment. They says they respect the decision, but strongly disagree with it.
At the time of Piven's departure, playwright David Mamet told Daily Variety, "I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."
Piven is also known for playing Hollywood agent Ari on "Entourage."
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of New York City Recap: Dorinda Blows Up Over the F-Bomb -- "Don't Humiliate Me!"
- Skyscraper Shaped Like Beyonce's Body Being Built in Australia
- Khloe Kardashian Seemingly Blasts Scott Disick, Supports Sister Kourtney Kardashian While Quoting Big Sean's Breakup Anthem
- Stars without the warpaint
- BET, Bounce TV pull 'Cosby Show' reruns from air
- Paula Deen blasted for brownface Twitter picture
- Brody Jenner Wouldn't Mind Playing Matchmaker for Caitlyn Jenner: ''It Wouldn't Be That Hard to Find a Chick for Caitlyn''
- Wrestling with Celebrity: 16 Pro Wrestlers Who Made It Big Outside the Ring
- Taylor Swift Donates $50,000 to 11-Year-Old Fan with Cancer, Proves She's An Actual Angel on Earth—See Her Sweet Message!