Piven Prevails in Contract Dispute
In December, Piven's doctor said the actor was suffering from mercury poisoning after eating too much fish.
Piven says in a statement that he's pleased with the outcome and says he's been vindicated.
The producers, meanwhile, expressed disappointment. They says they respect the decision, but strongly disagree with it.
At the time of Piven's departure, playwright David Mamet told Daily Variety, "I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."
Piven is also known for playing Hollywood agent Ari on "Entourage."
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Kourtney Kardashian Wears Bootylicious Swimsuit: Top Stories
- Matt Bomer Reveals He Married Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
- Meryl Streep: I Thought I Was Too Ugly to Be an Actress
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day