Piven Prevails in Contract Dispute
In December, Piven's doctor said the actor was suffering from mercury poisoning after eating too much fish.
Piven says in a statement that he's pleased with the outcome and says he's been vindicated.
The producers, meanwhile, expressed disappointment. They says they respect the decision, but strongly disagree with it.
At the time of Piven's departure, playwright David Mamet told Daily Variety, "I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."
Piven is also known for playing Hollywood agent Ari on "Entourage."
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Linda Perry, Sara Gilbert Writing a Children's Album With Their Kids
- Lynne Spears Jams Out to Britney Spears' "Toxic" in Funny Instagram Video From Jamie Lynn: Watch Now!
- Dukes of Hazzard Star John Schneider Slams TV Land for Pulling Reruns Over Confederate Flag
- Watch the first full 'Wet Hot American Summer' trailer
- Does Rihanna's NSFW 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video go too far?
- FOX411's star snaps of the day
- Amy Schumer Explains How Her Father's Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis Has Affected Her Romantic Relationships
- "Bitch Better Have My Money" Might Be Controversial, but The Navy Is All About It
- Teen Mom's Maci Bookout Gives Birth to Baby Girl—Find Out Her Name and See Her First Photos!