Piven Prevails in Contract Dispute
In December, Piven's doctor said the actor was suffering from mercury poisoning after eating too much fish.
Piven says in a statement that he's pleased with the outcome and says he's been vindicated.
The producers, meanwhile, expressed disappointment. They says they respect the decision, but strongly disagree with it.
At the time of Piven's departure, playwright David Mamet told Daily Variety, "I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."
Piven is also known for playing Hollywood agent Ari on "Entourage."
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ben Affleck's Penis in Gone Girl: Us Weekly's Film Critic Missed It? Twice!
- Jennifer Garner Does Hilariously Bad Impression of Whiny Ben Affleck, Says She Met George Clooney With Lice
- Selena Gomez Is Caught With Her Fly Down at LAX: See the Wardrobe Malfunction!
- Vicki Gunvalson's Ex Brooks Ayers Admits: I Have ?Aggressive & Fast-Moving' Stage 3 Cancer!
- Judge Trashes Teresa & Joe Giudice For ?Pattern Of Deception, Dishonesty And Concealment' At Sentencing ? The Latest Details
- Charlie Sheen: I Was Not High & I Did Not Pull A Knife On My Dentist!
- Review: Ben Affleck gives performance of career in twisted 'Gone Girl'
- Lecrae: I put faith in hip-hop
- 'Crotch grab challenge' starting to go viral with celebrities
- Maggie's Grey's Anatomy Secret Won't Stay Hidden for Long! Kelly McCreary Gives the Scoop
- Parenthood's Upcoming Death: "We're All Afraid of it," Monica Potter Admits
- Gone Girl Review Roundup: Critics (Mostly) Like Ben Affleck Thriller, But Is it "Misogynistic"?