Piven Prevails in Contract Dispute
In December, Piven's doctor said the actor was suffering from mercury poisoning after eating too much fish.
Piven says in a statement that he's pleased with the outcome and says he's been vindicated.
The producers, meanwhile, expressed disappointment. They says they respect the decision, but strongly disagree with it.
At the time of Piven's departure, playwright David Mamet told Daily Variety, "I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."
Piven is also known for playing Hollywood agent Ari on "Entourage."
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nick Jonas Talks Post-Jonas Brothers Career: "I Almost Get to Start Over"
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Her Cleavage-Baring Tuxedo Look a Lot Like Jennifer Lawrence's Plunging Dress
- Nicole Kidman: Keith Urban and I Write Love Letters, He Should Be Adored
- Teen Angst? Kylie Jenner Emerges For Dad's Birthday Amid Lip Scandal
- ‘I’ll Do Anything For That Man': Nicole Kidman Tears Up Over Keith Urban’s Support Following Her Father’s Death
- Why 'Boy Meets World' star Maitland Ward sexes up red carpets
- Roman Polanski questioned in Poland about 1977 sex with a minor case
- Victoria's Secret 'Perfect Body' campaign sparks outrage