Piven Prevails in Contract Dispute
In December, Piven's doctor said the actor was suffering from mercury poisoning after eating too much fish.
Piven says in a statement that he's pleased with the outcome and says he's been vindicated.
The producers, meanwhile, expressed disappointment. They says they respect the decision, but strongly disagree with it.
At the time of Piven's departure, playwright David Mamet told Daily Variety, "I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."
Piven is also known for playing Hollywood agent Ari on "Entourage."
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leighton Meester, Adam Brody Kiss in Cape Town: First Post-Engagement Pictures
- Lorde, Rumored Boyfriend James Lowe Face Cyberbullying, Racist Tweets
- Katherine Heigl, Adam Sandler Top Forbes Most Overpaid Actors List in 2013: See Who Else Made the Cut
- Simon Cowell Is REALLY Naming His Son Simon! Baby Shower Gifts Covered With ‘Simon’ Embroidery & Initials
- Demi Lovato couldn't go without cocaine for '30 minutes to an hour'
- 1980s Johnny Cash songs, never before heard, getting posthumous release
- Break Time: Bar Refaeli bares all for Elle Spain shoot
- Ask Alicia: E! News Correspondent Dishes on Fashion, Fitness and Feeling Like Cinderella
- Kaley Cuoco Watches Fiancé Ryan Sweeting Play Tennis in Chilly Weather—See the Pics!
- Kerry Washington Covers Up Her Pregnancy on Scandal Set! Here Are 7 Other Ways She Can Cover Her Bump