Madonna Booed in Bucharest by Band of Gypsy Haters
"It's been brought to my attention that there's a lot of discrimination against Romani and Gypsies in general in eastern Europe, and that makes me very sad," she told the crowd of 60,000 in Bucharest. As she spoke, a vocal minority began booing her words. She did not acknowledge the jeers. Watch video after the jump.
When she proclaimed, "We believe in freedom and equal rights for everyone!", you can actually hear people yelling "No!", however the cheers of approving fans eventually drowned out the grumbling.
Many of the dancers and musicians in Madonna's show were Gypsies, also known as Roma.
According to the Associated Press, there are some 500,000 Roma in Romania, but the real number could total around 2 million. They have long faced prejudice and discrimination in eastern European nations.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' sneak peek: Is there a mole in the squad?
- Elle MacPherson gave up drugs and alcohol to stay fit at 50
- Why 'Boy Meets World' star Maitland Ward sexes up red carpets
- Jimmy Fallon, Amy Schumer, & Miranda Sings show up in new trailer for ?Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'
- Bruce Jenner Taunted on Golf Course Over Changing Looks
- Mama June Steps Out with Family, Sex Offender Seen with Mystery Woman
- Nicole Kidman on Rumors She and Keith Urban are Trying for Another Baby
- Angelina Jolie Goes Bombshell Blonde While Filming First Scenes With Brad Pitt Since 2005
- Jim Carrey Tests David Letterman for Ebola: "Have You Ever Kissed a Monkey?"
- Renee Zellweger Steps Out in Brown Wig on Mississippi Movie Set Following Plastic Surgery Rumors: See the Photos