Madonna Booed in Bucharest by Band of Gypsy Haters
"It's been brought to my attention that there's a lot of discrimination against Romani and Gypsies in general in eastern Europe, and that makes me very sad," she told the crowd of 60,000 in Bucharest. As she spoke, a vocal minority began booing her words. She did not acknowledge the jeers. Watch video after the jump.
When she proclaimed, "We believe in freedom and equal rights for everyone!", you can actually hear people yelling "No!", however the cheers of approving fans eventually drowned out the grumbling.
Many of the dancers and musicians in Madonna's show were Gypsies, also known as Roma.
According to the Associated Press, there are some 500,000 Roma in Romania, but the real number could total around 2 million. They have long faced prejudice and discrimination in eastern European nations.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus and Rumer Willis flash their nipples in photo shoot
- R&B singer Johnny Kemp found dead on beach
- Shia LaBeouf says rehab therapy was like method acting
- Jordin Sparks Dating Rapper Sage the Gemini? Singer Ignites Rumors With Intimate Photo
- Erin Andrews' NHL Boyfriend Jarret Stoll Arrested for Cocaine, Ecstasy Possession: Report
- Zayn Malik Thanks One Direction in First Public Appearance Since Split: They're "The Best Guys I've Ever Met"