Madonna Booed in Bucharest by Band of Gypsy Haters
"It's been brought to my attention that there's a lot of discrimination against Romani and Gypsies in general in eastern Europe, and that makes me very sad," she told the crowd of 60,000 in Bucharest. As she spoke, a vocal minority began booing her words. She did not acknowledge the jeers. Watch video after the jump.
When she proclaimed, "We believe in freedom and equal rights for everyone!", you can actually hear people yelling "No!", however the cheers of approving fans eventually drowned out the grumbling.
Many of the dancers and musicians in Madonna's show were Gypsies, also known as Roma.
According to the Associated Press, there are some 500,000 Roma in Romania, but the real number could total around 2 million. They have long faced prejudice and discrimination in eastern European nations.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Garth Brooks may surpass Elvis Presley by releasing digital music
- Peaches Geldof died from a heroin overdose after relapse, coroner says
- Snoop Dogg: I smoked weed 'in the bathroom' at the White House
- Survey finds gender pay gap in games industry narrower than US average
- Video: ?The Divide' star Marin Ireland shares your love of ?Soapdish'
- Honest Trailer: ?Divergent' is just ?The Hunger Games' minus games
- Lana Del Rey Confesses She Tried to Sleep Her Way to the Top
- It's True! Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with First Child
- Is It Really Over? Robin Thicke & Paula Patton Selling Hollywood Hills Home