Madonna Booed in Bucharest by Band of Gypsy Haters
"It's been brought to my attention that there's a lot of discrimination against Romani and Gypsies in general in eastern Europe, and that makes me very sad," she told the crowd of 60,000 in Bucharest. As she spoke, a vocal minority began booing her words. She did not acknowledge the jeers. Watch video after the jump.
When she proclaimed, "We believe in freedom and equal rights for everyone!", you can actually hear people yelling "No!", however the cheers of approving fans eventually drowned out the grumbling.
Many of the dancers and musicians in Madonna's show were Gypsies, also known as Roma.
According to the Associated Press, there are some 500,000 Roma in Romania, but the real number could total around 2 million. They have long faced prejudice and discrimination in eastern European nations.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Sheila MacRae from 1960s re-creation of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- ?Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments ? VIDEO
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Back On? Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Spotted Together in Texas
- Meet the Hot Guys of ?Divergent'
- 'Hunger Games' Star Willow Shields Talks 'Mockingjay,' Working with Jennifer Lawrence
- Robin Thicke Steps Out Smiling Without His Wedding Ring in NYC: Picture
- Harry Shum Jr. Is Engaged! Glee Star Proposed to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara in Hawaii
- Jessica Simpson Shares Slim Selfie, Jared Leto Wonders If J. Law's Oscars Falls Are "a Bit of an Act": Top 5 Stories