Madonna Booed in Bucharest by Band of Gypsy Haters
"It's been brought to my attention that there's a lot of discrimination against Romani and Gypsies in general in eastern Europe, and that makes me very sad," she told the crowd of 60,000 in Bucharest. As she spoke, a vocal minority began booing her words. She did not acknowledge the jeers. Watch video after the jump.
When she proclaimed, "We believe in freedom and equal rights for everyone!", you can actually hear people yelling "No!", however the cheers of approving fans eventually drowned out the grumbling.
Many of the dancers and musicians in Madonna's show were Gypsies, also known as Roma.
According to the Associated Press, there are some 500,000 Roma in Romania, but the real number could total around 2 million. They have long faced prejudice and discrimination in eastern European nations.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Tim McGraw Reveals How He Scared His Daughter's Boyfriend
- 'Frozen' Feud? Rosie O'Donnell Fires Back at Mayim Bialik
- How Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Makes Sure She Knows About Nude Photos
- Ashton Kutcher Parties With Jamie Foxx, Robin Thicke, Leonardo DiCaprio and More Before Mila Kunis Gives Birth: Details
- Jason Aldean: People Need to "Get Over" My Affair With Mistress Brittany Kerr
- Fashion Police Will Go On Without Joan Rivers: It's What She "Would Have Wanted"