Madonna Booed in Bucharest by Band of Gypsy Haters
"It's been brought to my attention that there's a lot of discrimination against Romani and Gypsies in general in eastern Europe, and that makes me very sad," she told the crowd of 60,000 in Bucharest. As she spoke, a vocal minority began booing her words. She did not acknowledge the jeers. Watch video after the jump.
When she proclaimed, "We believe in freedom and equal rights for everyone!", you can actually hear people yelling "No!", however the cheers of approving fans eventually drowned out the grumbling.
Many of the dancers and musicians in Madonna's show were Gypsies, also known as Roma.
According to the Associated Press, there are some 500,000 Roma in Romania, but the real number could total around 2 million. They have long faced prejudice and discrimination in eastern European nations.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- Ryan Reynolds Just Said What About Breastfeeding?
- Stephen Collins and Faye Grant Avoid Trial, Reach Divorce Settlement
- Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams Call It Quits
- Frances Bean Cobain Hugs Mom Courtney Love at Kurt Cobain Sundance Documentary Screening: Pictures
- Max Greenfield Reveals How the New Girl Cast Found Out About Zooey Deschanel's Pregnancy, Says She'll Make a "Fantastic" Mom
- SAG Awards 2015: Watch Us Weekly's Red Carpet Arrival Livestream