Mischa Barton: I Hit 'Rock Bottom'
"I was down in the dumps about everything there for a while. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom about things and have to get the most stressed out just to feel better again. I got completely stressed out and couldn't handle everything, and now I feel really in control," Barton revealed.
The 'Homecoming' star said before she started filming the CW show 'The Beautiful Life,' she had been traveling abroad "for contract stuff" and then had a wisdom tooth surgery that went wrong and is "still just healing."
"I had to get through it without proper painkillers because I couldn't take those during work," she said of the procedure. "So it's been a nightmare."
Barton denies she had a mental breakdown but says the whole ordeal "was pretty bad." The 23-year-old actress admits, "I'm not sure I'm capable of a full-on nervous breakdown, but it was pretty bad. It didn't last that long. It was more about the pain."
"The funny thing is, if all this happened in New York, no one would care. New York lets you be who you are, and people aren't as judgmental. I'm so glad to be back here," she added.
See more photos of Mischa >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion Recap: Lisa Vanderpump, Brandi Glanville Butt Heads in Part 1
- Behati Prinsloo Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction, Flashes Her Bare Butt ? See the Photo!
- Tracy Morgan Still Using Cane to Walk Almost Year After Tragic Car Accident ? See the Recent Pic
- ?New Girl' renewed for season 5 by Fox
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'sexist;' Comedy Central stands behind new 'Daily Show' host
- 'Britain's Got Talent' execs afraid of host's wardrobe malfunctions?
- Beyoncé Shows Off Legs for Days in Sexy Purple Skirt While Making Surprise Appearance at Chanel Fashion Show
- Joni Mitchell Rushed to Hospital After Falling Ill at Los Angeles Home: Report
- The Biggest Revelations From Part 1 of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion