Mischa Barton: I Hit 'Rock Bottom'
"I was down in the dumps about everything there for a while. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom about things and have to get the most stressed out just to feel better again. I got completely stressed out and couldn't handle everything, and now I feel really in control," Barton revealed.
The 'Homecoming' star said before she started filming the CW show 'The Beautiful Life,' she had been traveling abroad "for contract stuff" and then had a wisdom tooth surgery that went wrong and is "still just healing."
"I had to get through it without proper painkillers because I couldn't take those during work," she said of the procedure. "So it's been a nightmare."
Barton denies she had a mental breakdown but says the whole ordeal "was pretty bad." The 23-year-old actress admits, "I'm not sure I'm capable of a full-on nervous breakdown, but it was pretty bad. It didn't last that long. It was more about the pain."
"The funny thing is, if all this happened in New York, no one would care. New York lets you be who you are, and people aren't as judgmental. I'm so glad to be back here," she added.
See more photos of Mischa >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Michelle Rodriguez Gets Haircut and Bangs as Part of Her "New Look New Life New Vibe": Picture
- Queen Elizabeth II's Winning Racehorse Estimate Tested Positive For Banned Drug Morphine
- Miranda Kerr, Kim Kardashian and Emily Blunt Do Denim-on-Denim: How to Wear the Trend
- Every Dog Has His Day: Man Who Imprisoned Mentally Ill Woman & Her Daughter ? Threatening Her With Pit Bulls & Pythons ? Gets 30 Years In Federal Prison
- Jimmy Fallon & Dwayne Johnson’s Workout Videos
- Rachel McAdams Shines at Premiere of ‘A Most Wanted Man’ at the Museum of Modern Art
- Garth Brooks may surpass Elvis Presley by releasing digital music
- Peaches Geldof died from a heroin overdose after relapse, coroner says
- Snoop Dogg: I smoked weed 'in the bathroom' at the White House