Mischa Barton: I Hit 'Rock Bottom'
"I was down in the dumps about everything there for a while. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom about things and have to get the most stressed out just to feel better again. I got completely stressed out and couldn't handle everything, and now I feel really in control," Barton revealed.
The 'Homecoming' star said before she started filming the CW show 'The Beautiful Life,' she had been traveling abroad "for contract stuff" and then had a wisdom tooth surgery that went wrong and is "still just healing."
"I had to get through it without proper painkillers because I couldn't take those during work," she said of the procedure. "So it's been a nightmare."
Barton denies she had a mental breakdown but says the whole ordeal "was pretty bad." The 23-year-old actress admits, "I'm not sure I'm capable of a full-on nervous breakdown, but it was pretty bad. It didn't last that long. It was more about the pain."
"The funny thing is, if all this happened in New York, no one would care. New York lets you be who you are, and people aren't as judgmental. I'm so glad to be back here," she added.
See more photos of Mischa >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jake Gyllenhaal Dances Around Naked, Bangs on Pans on Film Set: See the Bizarre Pictures
- Simon Cowell's Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Shows Off Post-Baby Body in Sheer Top: See the Look!
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Curvaceous Bikini Body in Revealing Shots: Pictures
- Bachel-WHORE? Juan Pablo ‘Banged’ Multiple Women On The Show, Forgot My Son’s Name, Says Ex-Contestant Cassandra
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Neil Patrick Harris Talks Gone Girl Sex Scene, Calls Dressing in Drag for Hedwig Role "Intoxicating"
- Bill O'Reilly Slams Beyoncé, Says She "Glorifies" Sex and Is a Bad Role Model for Girls
- Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan Among Forbes Most Overexposed Celebs—See Who Else Made the Cut!