Mischa Barton: I Hit 'Rock Bottom'
"I was down in the dumps about everything there for a while. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom about things and have to get the most stressed out just to feel better again. I got completely stressed out and couldn't handle everything, and now I feel really in control," Barton revealed.
The 'Homecoming' star said before she started filming the CW show 'The Beautiful Life,' she had been traveling abroad "for contract stuff" and then had a wisdom tooth surgery that went wrong and is "still just healing."
"I had to get through it without proper painkillers because I couldn't take those during work," she said of the procedure. "So it's been a nightmare."
Barton denies she had a mental breakdown but says the whole ordeal "was pretty bad." The 23-year-old actress admits, "I'm not sure I'm capable of a full-on nervous breakdown, but it was pretty bad. It didn't last that long. It was more about the pain."
"The funny thing is, if all this happened in New York, no one would care. New York lets you be who you are, and people aren't as judgmental. I'm so glad to be back here," she added.
See more photos of Mischa >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Shares Bikini Pictures With North West; Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Sebastian Stan and Margarita Levieva Are Dating!
- Kristen Stewart Will Not Star in Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth Reprise Roles
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!