Exclusive: Rob Zombie Talks 'Halloween' and Kill Scenes With PopEater
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 28th 2009 01:38PM
our recent chat with his 'Halloween' starlet Scout Taylor, the dude has a look and a way of making movies that could definitely be perceived as disturbing. It turns out, that's exactly what he's going for, as he tells PopEater that the brutal violence in 'H2' "is going to bother a lot of people." He also chats about what he considers the nastiest kill scene of all time, and one recent remake he wishes he could have directed. Check It Out:
PRODUCTION PLAYER! DO NOT DELETE.
On Possibly Branching Out Into Non-Horror Genres: "Sure ... I like dark, violent material but moreso I like it more in crime movies ... I wish someone would have offered me the remake of 'The Taking of Pelham 123' because that's like my favorite movie of all time. Something like that."
On the Best Kill Scene in Movie History: "There's a scene in 'American History X' where Edward Norton makes the guy bite the curb and then stomps on the back of the guy's head. That is just so horrible, and that's the type of thing we'd reference. I just think violence should be horrible, and if you watch it you should go 'I feel sick now.' Because I hate when there's these horrible things and people are laughing and cheering."
On Striving to Succeed in the Entertainment Industry: "Right as you feel like you've thrown your life away ... you have to have this weird sickness in your brain telling you to push ahead ... You've just gotta keep doing it."
On How He Mentored Scout Taylor: "I just think of her as a friend ... This business is filled with a bunch of, for the most part, phonies who are trying to get what they can from you. I'm not stupid. When I can make them money, they're my best friend. When I can't make them money they don't even want to know who you are."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Does Hollywood try to have it both ways regarding torture?
- Expert: '90 percent' sure North Korea behind cyberattack on Sony
- Terrible celebrity hair
- ?The Sing-Off' recap: One night, six groups, 800 blazers
- Truth, answers, and other things ?Serial' never promised you
- What to expect from the season 5 ?Sing-Off' groups: A very careful aca-sessment
- Extra Scoop: Celebs React to Sony's Decision to Pull ?The Interview'
- Extreme Beauty Roundup: Why Do Celebs Downplay Their Perfect Bodies?
- What's on Her Ear? See Demi Lovato's Daring New Look and More!
- Nicki Minaj Suffers Yet Another TV Nip Slip During Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen
- The Interview's Theatrical Release Pulled: Celebrities Like Judd Apatow, Jimmy Kimmel, Rob Lowe Are Appalled -- Read Their Shocked Tweets
- Amber Portwood's Father, Shawn Portwood, Sr., Dead at 50 After Liver Surgery