Exclusive: Rob Zombie Talks 'Halloween' and Kill Scenes With PopEater
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 28th 2009 01:38PM
our recent chat with his 'Halloween' starlet Scout Taylor, the dude has a look and a way of making movies that could definitely be perceived as disturbing. It turns out, that's exactly what he's going for, as he tells PopEater that the brutal violence in 'H2' "is going to bother a lot of people." He also chats about what he considers the nastiest kill scene of all time, and one recent remake he wishes he could have directed. Check It Out:
PRODUCTION PLAYER! DO NOT DELETE.
On Possibly Branching Out Into Non-Horror Genres: "Sure ... I like dark, violent material but moreso I like it more in crime movies ... I wish someone would have offered me the remake of 'The Taking of Pelham 123' because that's like my favorite movie of all time. Something like that."
On the Best Kill Scene in Movie History: "There's a scene in 'American History X' where Edward Norton makes the guy bite the curb and then stomps on the back of the guy's head. That is just so horrible, and that's the type of thing we'd reference. I just think violence should be horrible, and if you watch it you should go 'I feel sick now.' Because I hate when there's these horrible things and people are laughing and cheering."
On Striving to Succeed in the Entertainment Industry: "Right as you feel like you've thrown your life away ... you have to have this weird sickness in your brain telling you to push ahead ... You've just gotta keep doing it."
On How He Mentored Scout Taylor: "I just think of her as a friend ... This business is filled with a bunch of, for the most part, phonies who are trying to get what they can from you. I'm not stupid. When I can make them money, they're my best friend. When I can't make them money they don't even want to know who you are."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hulk Hogan wants investigation to determine if Gawker leaked his racist rant
- Mia Farrow shares address of man who shot Cecil the lion on Twitter
- 'Queen of Versailles' star's daughter died of accidental drug overdose
- Jake Gyllenhaal Recalls When Heath Ledger & Michelle Williams Fell in Love
- Jane Krakowski and Tina Fey Hint at '30 Rock' Reunion with Tracy Morgan
- Caitlyn Jenner Meets Kris for First Time Since Transition
- Justin Bieber Announces New Single "What Do You Mean," Says "Girls Are Just Flip Floppy"
- Caitlyn Jenner Gets Her Femme on in Polka-Dotted Top, Bow-Topped Heels: See Her Latest Styles!
- Hayley Kiyoko's "Girls Like Girls" Music Video Tops 3.8 Million Views on Vevo, Reveals Inspiration for Song