Public Speech 'Too Soon' for Kelly Preston
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Aug 30th 2009 10:04AM
Kelly Preston is pulling out of the annual Women's Conference, where she was to break her silence about the death of her teenage son with John Travolta. The actress said in a statement Friday that she is "still deeply in the process of healing, and it's just too soon."
Preston was set to participate in a panel on grief at the annual event hosted by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver.
Preston and Travolta, have kept low profiles since their 16-year-old son, Jett, died in January during a family vacation in the Bahamas. The teenager died of a seizure after years of poor health.
The Jett Travolta Tragedy
Kelly Preston, seen here with her late son Jett and daughter Ella, was set to speak in October about dealing with the loss of her 16-year-old boy, but pulled out of the engagement.
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Blake Lively Exits CAA (Exclusive)
- Britney Spears Reveals Lip Injection Treatments
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 5 Sing for the Finals
- Britney Spears is right: 5 reasons ?Chaotic' is her worst career move ever ? VIDEO
- ?Time' 2013 Person of the Year finalists: Miley Cyrus, President Obama among top 10
- ?Super Mario 3D World' review: The portly plumber's latest is totally pawesome
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91
- AFI Reveals Top 10 Movies of 2013
- And the 10 Most Overpaid Actors Are...