Public Speech 'Too Soon' for Kelly Preston
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Aug 30th 2009 10:04AM
Kelly Preston is pulling out of the annual Women's Conference, where she was to break her silence about the death of her teenage son with John Travolta. The actress said in a statement Friday that she is "still deeply in the process of healing, and it's just too soon."
Preston was set to participate in a panel on grief at the annual event hosted by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver.
Preston and Travolta, have kept low profiles since their 16-year-old son, Jett, died in January during a family vacation in the Bahamas. The teenager died of a seizure after years of poor health.
The Jett Travolta Tragedy
Kelly Preston, seen here with her late son Jett and daughter Ella, was set to speak in October about dealing with the loss of her 16-year-old boy, but pulled out of the engagement.
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ex-Miss Nevada Katherine Reese busted again for meth possession, report says
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- James Franco to Teach High School Film Course
- Watch 'Empire's' New Season 2 Promo
- Queen Elizabeth Found a Mistake in 'Downton Abbey'
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Steve Is Breaking Up Liztin, Bless Him
- Emily Ratajkowski Is Sick of 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the Bane of My Existence'
- Sorry, New 'Walking Dead' Season 6 Spoilers Hint to Gregory, Not Negan