Public Speech 'Too Soon' for Kelly Preston
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Aug 30th 2009 10:04AM
Kelly Preston is pulling out of the annual Women's Conference, where she was to break her silence about the death of her teenage son with John Travolta. The actress said in a statement Friday that she is "still deeply in the process of healing, and it's just too soon."
Preston was set to participate in a panel on grief at the annual event hosted by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver.
Preston and Travolta, have kept low profiles since their 16-year-old son, Jett, died in January during a family vacation in the Bahamas. The teenager died of a seizure after years of poor health.
The Jett Travolta Tragedy
Kelly Preston, seen here with her late son Jett and daughter Ella, was set to speak in October about dealing with the loss of her 16-year-old boy, but pulled out of the engagement.
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Osbourne sued for allegedly trashing Los Angeles home
- Blake Shelton plays free concert in Atlantic City
- ?Big Bang Theory' cast will likely win wage dispute with CBS, insider says
- 'Jurassic World' Star Chris Pratt Peers Through Bars in New Photo
- Pink Fur, Mohawks and Organic Manis: The Secrets of Hollywood's Hottest Pets
- Who Is the New Denzel? Hollywood Struggles to Launch Next Black Stars
- About that time Chris Pratt flashed Amy Poehler
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe ?Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Best of Late Night TV: Julia Roberts' Face Balls and Chris Pratt's Taxidermy (VIDEO)
- The 'Kingdom' Trailer Takes Mixed Martial Arts to the Next Level (VIDEO)
- William Shatner Might Be Bringing the Funny to 'Ted 2'