Public Speech 'Too Soon' for Kelly Preston
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Aug 30th 2009 10:04AM
Kelly Preston is pulling out of the annual Women's Conference, where she was to break her silence about the death of her teenage son with John Travolta. The actress said in a statement Friday that she is "still deeply in the process of healing, and it's just too soon."
Preston was set to participate in a panel on grief at the annual event hosted by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver.
Preston and Travolta, have kept low profiles since their 16-year-old son, Jett, died in January during a family vacation in the Bahamas. The teenager died of a seizure after years of poor health.
The Jett Travolta Tragedy
Kelly Preston, seen here with her late son Jett and daughter Ella, was set to speak in October about dealing with the loss of her 16-year-old boy, but pulled out of the engagement.
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- John Stamos says Olsen twins knew about 'Full House' reboot
- Mariah Carey makes grand Las Vegas Strip entrance
- Courtney Stodden sex tape for sale?
- 'Some Kind of Hate' Teaser Introduces "Feminist Slasher" Character (Exclusive)
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Boss Promises More "Unified" Crossover with 'Chicago Fire' and 'Chicago PD'
- CBS Orders Reality Show From 'Biggest Loser' Creator
- Tony Awards 2015 Nominations: Bradley Cooper, Helen Mirren Nab Nods
- 14 Movie Sequels That Bombed at the Box Office
- Best of Late Night TV: Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Emotional Interview,' Kevin Spacey's Tiger Beat Audition (VIDEO)