Donald Trump Accused of Fixing Miss Universe Pageant
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 2nd 2009 11:28AM
Miss Universe pageant is real? Not much, says Michael Schwandt, a choreographer of the last four pageants. In a recent interview, he scrutinized the competition and revealed Donald Trump is allegedly fixing the competitions. According to Schwandt, Trump decides who will make it to the final six -- after a private meeting with all the women.
"At all the shows, he pops in the day before the telecast ,and we line up all the girls in alphabetical order... he basically walks by and has an assistant that takes notes. And it's just kind of common knowledge that he picks six of the top 15 single-handedly," Schwandt told Guanabee.com (via Defamer.)
"It's kind of a surreal experience, actually. We all just kind of try to sit there... and everyone's trying to make it go smoothly. It's kind of the last thing anybody wants to do but we have to do it," he added.
"The other nine are judged in a preliminary show the week before and picked by those judges, but he picks six of the top fifteen," Schwandt said.
In the official Miss Universe rules, they fail to note the private judging round and its impact on the race. Apparently, Trump didn't like how others judged the women in previous competitions, so he took matters into his own hands.
"His reason for doing so, as he told me and he's told the girls before, is that he left it all up to preliminary judging in the past and some of the most beautiful women, in his opinion, were not in the top fifteen and he was kind of upset about that. And he decided that he would pick a certain number and let the judges pick a certain number," Schwandt said.
Miss Universe Photos
Miss Universe 2009 Stefania Fernandez, of Venezuela, poses at the Atlantis Resort in Nassau, Bahamas, Monday, Aug. 24, 2009. See more photos from the Miss Universe 2009 competition >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rosie O'Donnell Says The View Often Invites a Fifth Host to "Help", Recalls First Awkward Meeting With Co-Host Nicolle Wallace
- Bill Cosby's Lawyer Says "Black Media" Quotes Were "Misconstrued," Slams "Mean-Spirited" Commentary
- President Obama on Sony Hack: Pulling The Interview Was "a Mistake," Flubs James Franco's Name as "Flacco"
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- New Bill Cosby accuser said she blacked out for two days after comedian drugged her