Donald Trump Accused of Fixing Miss Universe Pageant
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 2nd 2009 11:28AM
Miss Universe pageant is real? Not much, says Michael Schwandt, a choreographer of the last four pageants. In a recent interview, he scrutinized the competition and revealed Donald Trump is allegedly fixing the competitions. According to Schwandt, Trump decides who will make it to the final six -- after a private meeting with all the women.
"At all the shows, he pops in the day before the telecast ,and we line up all the girls in alphabetical order... he basically walks by and has an assistant that takes notes. And it's just kind of common knowledge that he picks six of the top 15 single-handedly," Schwandt told Guanabee.com (via Defamer.)
"It's kind of a surreal experience, actually. We all just kind of try to sit there... and everyone's trying to make it go smoothly. It's kind of the last thing anybody wants to do but we have to do it," he added.
"The other nine are judged in a preliminary show the week before and picked by those judges, but he picks six of the top fifteen," Schwandt said.
In the official Miss Universe rules, they fail to note the private judging round and its impact on the race. Apparently, Trump didn't like how others judged the women in previous competitions, so he took matters into his own hands.
"His reason for doing so, as he told me and he's told the girls before, is that he left it all up to preliminary judging in the past and some of the most beautiful women, in his opinion, were not in the top fifteen and he was kind of upset about that. And he decided that he would pick a certain number and let the judges pick a certain number," Schwandt said.
Miss Universe Photos
Miss Universe 2009 Stefania Fernandez, of Venezuela, poses at the Atlantis Resort in Nassau, Bahamas, Monday, Aug. 24, 2009. See more photos from the Miss Universe 2009 competition >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Margot Robbie Dominates Jimmy Fallon in Epic Flip Cup Game: Watch!
- Kelly Clarkson Pretends From Justin to Kelly Doesn't Exist: "I Just Want It to Go Away"
- Cinderella's Best Beauty and Fashion Products: Shop the Princess-Perfect Collection Inspired by the Film!
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ?Star Trek,' dead at 83
- Source: Bobbi Kristina Brown has shown ?absolutely no signs of life lately'
- Gutfeld to host new Fox News primetime weekend show
- Kelly Osbourne Exits Fashion Police, No Decisions Yet on Replacement
- The Amazon Reviews for the Controversial Dress Are So Hilarious You'll Forget All About the Nasty Color Debate
- Leonard Nimoy Flashback Video: Iconic Actor Recalls Inspiration Behind His Controversial Book I Am Not Spock—Watch!