Holly Madison: 'Hef Brought Down My Self-Esteem'
The 'Girls Next Door' always seemed like the picture of confidence, but former Playboy Playmate Holly Madison reveals that life with Hugh Hefner wasn't great for her self-esteem. In an interview with Life & Style given exclusively to PopEater, Madison shares details about her insecurities and the reasons she chose plastic surgery to accomplish her goals. See highlights below and for more, pick up this week's issue of Life & Style.
On her pre-plastic surgery body: "I always stuffed my bra. In fact, I had a boyfriend for years, and we moved so slowly. We didn't have sex for a long time because I had to gradually bring down my bra size so he wouldn't find out I stuffed my bra!"
On her issues with confidence: "Living with Hef brought down my self-esteem a lot. I was comparing myself to the other girls... You have to look a certain way at the mansion. If you look at Hef's girlfriend now, she basically looks like a clone of me. It's kind of weird."
Life & Style
Life & Style
Life & Style
On going under the knife: "When I was younger, I was the first person in my class to start getting boobs, so I thought I was going to be huge. But I stopped growing before everybody else started. That was a big letdown... I compared myself to those [Playboy playmates]. I knew what I wanted to look like and was kind of disappointed. I had a butt and no boobs."
"Plastic surgery made it easier for me to get things I wanted in my career. Without it, I wouldn't be where I am today... My nose photographed really big in front of my face. If I wanted to do anything in the entertainment industry, I needed to get it fixed. I was definitely happy with the results. It made me more confident. And a lot of doors open when you look a certain way."
On future enhancements: "I wouldn't consider more surgery - unless my body implodes after I have kids! And I'm scared of getting stuff [like Botox] put into my face. It makes you look like you have a rubber mask on. Beauty is truly on the inside. Looks don't define you - they're just a tool to get what you want."
MORE ABOUT Holly Madison
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Holly Madison Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!
- Dr. Dre Didn't Want to Make Straight Outta Compton: I Was Nervous About ''Putting a Blemish on Our Legacy''—Watch!