Chris Brown's Smackdown With Oprah
"Whatever goodwill he had, he's totally ruined it by saying that. What was he thinking? And who the hell goes up against Oprah? It just shows he doesn't think. No one is going to want him as the face of their brand," the source added.
Brown argues that he, "did a lot of stuff for her, like going to Africa and performing for her school. She could have been more helpful, like, 'OK, I'm going to help both of these people out,'" he added.
For now, Oprah's only comment comes from her rep."Oprah is very appreciative that Chris Brown performed at her school, but she takes domestic abuse very seriously. She hopes he gets the counseling he needs."
According to Brown, that's exactly his plan. "I want to understand my feelings," Brown tells PEOPLE. "I want to find out what really transpired as far as me that night. Sometimes when you're young you don't know how to express [your emotions], so I think it actually would be helpful to talk to a counselor or to somebody who has an expertise in what those [feelings] are."
The singer adds, "I wanted to take the counseling upon myself and ... just talk to someone. I just need to talk to someone. I wanted to understand the problem at hand."
Brown still doesn't believe he has a problem controlling his anger, but he accepts he might be proven wrong in therapy. "If I do, I will work with my counselor and hopefully channel my anger into something like dancing," he says. "I don't think I would get that mad again. I want to be a man, so I have to be more responsible .... I'd rather walk away."
Robyn Beck, AFP / Getty Images
Arnold Turner, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Contestant sues 'Dating Naked' for allegedly airing uncensored shot
- Bikini-clad Gwyneth Paltrow nominates Chris Martin for the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kirk Cameron: Christian actors should be held to a higher standard
- Aaron Paul is running one last ?Breaking Bad' scavenger hunt
- How ?Saved by the Bell' changed after the pilot
- ?Spider-Woman #1? has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Does Chris Brown Want a Baby with Karreuche Tran?
- Robin Williams' Ashes Scattered in San Francisco Bay
- Are These Kardashian Rumors Fact or Fiction? Jonathan Cheban Weighs In