'Dancing With the Stars' Couple Split!
Smirnoff and Chmerkovskiy met on 'Dancing With the Stars' and started dating in October of last year. Then, just a few months later on New Year Eve, he popped the question. They planned on getting married in June 2010.
When PopEater spoke with Smirnoff in May, she seemed a little overwhelmed with the impeding wedding plans. "It all came really, really quick. I was like, 'Whoa! This is really a lot to take on,'" she said.
"[At first], we couldn't find the common ground on the wedding negotiations... A woman is suppose to plan the wedding, but it got to the point where it was just too much, especially with me working on 'Dancing With The Stars.' I kept saying, 'Oh, we'll do that later.' ... [Maksim] joked that he was going to have to plan it all, tell me the wedding date and just have me show up with my hair and make-up ready," she added.
The 'Dancing With The Stars' couple have officially split. The couple were engaged and planned to marry in June 2010.
Jordan Strauss, WireImage
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Kevin Mazur, WireImage
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
Mirek Towski, FilmMagic
Barry King, WireImage
Getty Images / FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lukas Haas Looks Unrecognizable With Full Graying Beard: Transformation Photos
- Insurgent Trailer: Shailene Woodley Falls Off Skyscraper in Nightmare-Like New Divergent Sequel
- Dean Sheremet Shoots Down Reports of a LeAnn Rimes Tell-All, Says He's Writing an "Inspirational Cookbook"
- 2015 ACM Awards nominations: Surprises and snubs
- Rap mogul Suge Knight charged with murder
- Appeals court rejects bid by Michael Jackson's mother for new trial in suit against promoter
- Battle of the Baby Ballads: How Kanye West's "Only One" and Jay Z's "Glory" Stack Up
- Amy Duggar Reveals She Was Born Out of Wedlock: Being ''Christians Doesn't Make Us Perfect, It Just Makes Us Forgiven''
- Watch Adam Pally's Emotional Goodbye on The Mindy Project Now