'Dancing With the Stars' Couple Split!
Smirnoff and Chmerkovskiy met on 'Dancing With the Stars' and started dating in October of last year. Then, just a few months later on New Year Eve, he popped the question. They planned on getting married in June 2010.
When PopEater spoke with Smirnoff in May, she seemed a little overwhelmed with the impeding wedding plans. "It all came really, really quick. I was like, 'Whoa! This is really a lot to take on,'" she said.
"[At first], we couldn't find the common ground on the wedding negotiations... A woman is suppose to plan the wedding, but it got to the point where it was just too much, especially with me working on 'Dancing With The Stars.' I kept saying, 'Oh, we'll do that later.' ... [Maksim] joked that he was going to have to plan it all, tell me the wedding date and just have me show up with my hair and make-up ready," she added.
The 'Dancing With The Stars' couple have officially split. The couple were engaged and planned to marry in June 2010.
Jordan Strauss, WireImage
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Kevin Mazur, WireImage
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
Mirek Towski, FilmMagic
Barry King, WireImage
Getty Images / FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lena Dunham Rocks a Major Cat-Eye for Glamour April Issue, Feels "Prettier" Without Makeup
- President Obama, Zach Galifianakis Go Head-to-Head on Between Two Ferns: Watch Hilarious Video
- Lorde Teams Up with MAC Cosmetics for Makeup Collection
- Bratty Justin Bieber heading for career ruin?
- Source: Celebrity skin guru murder-for-hire arrest 'fishy'
- Comeback kid: Lyn Christopher owes album reissue to rappers sampling her song sans permission
- Kim Kardashian Works Up a Sweat at SoulCycle in Tight Workout Clothes—See the Sexy Pic!
- Kristen Taekman, Real Housewives of New York City's Latest Star, on Conflicts, Singing and Her Tagline
- Jon Hamm and Jimmy Fallon Perfectly Photobomb People on The Tonight Show—Watch Now!