'Dancing With the Stars' Couple Split!
Smirnoff and Chmerkovskiy met on 'Dancing With the Stars' and started dating in October of last year. Then, just a few months later on New Year Eve, he popped the question. They planned on getting married in June 2010.
When PopEater spoke with Smirnoff in May, she seemed a little overwhelmed with the impeding wedding plans. "It all came really, really quick. I was like, 'Whoa! This is really a lot to take on,'" she said.
"[At first], we couldn't find the common ground on the wedding negotiations... A woman is suppose to plan the wedding, but it got to the point where it was just too much, especially with me working on 'Dancing With The Stars.' I kept saying, 'Oh, we'll do that later.' ... [Maksim] joked that he was going to have to plan it all, tell me the wedding date and just have me show up with my hair and make-up ready," she added.
The 'Dancing With The Stars' couple have officially split. The couple were engaged and planned to marry in June 2010.
Jordan Strauss, WireImage
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Kevin Mazur, WireImage
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
Mirek Towski, FilmMagic
Barry King, WireImage
Getty Images / FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Halle Berry: It's Hard to Get Roles as a Woman of Color
- Leonard Nimoy's Granddaughter Selling LLAP Shirts to Raise Money for COPD Research After His Death
- Focus Review: Will Smith, Margot Robbie's Crime Comedy Has "Enough Aces" to Make It Entertaining, But Isn't Memorable
- The life and career of Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ?Star Trek,' dead at 83
- Vanilla Ice opens up on 'mess' of an arrest
- Jennifer Lawrence's Screaming Match With David O. Russell on Joy Set: Just the Director Getting Her Pumped for a Fight Scene?!
- Christina Milian Calls Her Mom "So F---ing Selfish" During Major Argument—See the Turned Up Finale Sneak Peek!
- Looney Tunes Goes High Fashion! Bugs Bunny, Tweety Bird & More Hit the Runway at Moschino Show—Take a Look