'Life' Star Fired for Religious Beliefs?
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 8th 2009 11:17AM
Mauceri, who was on 'OLTl' for 14 years, claims that she was let go from 'Life' because she objected to a gay storyline that had been written for her character. She tells FOX News that when she brought up her questions towards the storyline due to her devout Christian beliefs which helped sculpt her Carlotta Vega character, she was replaced.
The 59-year-old Mauceri says that she "did not object to being in a gay storyline. I objected to speaking the truth of what that person, how that person would live and breathe and act in that storyline ... And this goes against everything I am, my belief system, and what I know the character's belief system is aligned to."
The scene at the center of the issue was one involving what FOX calls "gay-friendly dialogue."
Mauceri tells FOX that she's considering legal options regarding her termination.
An ABC spokesperson told FOX that they weren't aware of any claims of firing due to religious beliefs. Should such claims surface, however, the spokesperson said they "would be frivolous."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Donovan Leitch's Fiancee Libby Mintz Is Pregnant! Couple Expecting First Child Together
- Lady Gaga Lays in Bed With Taylor Kinney in Late Thanksgiving Video -- Watch Their Pillow Fight!
- Scott Stapp, Creed Frontman, Was Placed on a Psychiatric Hold Before Confessional Video: Report
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting