'Life' Star Fired for Religious Beliefs?
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 8th 2009 11:17AM
Mauceri, who was on 'OLTl' for 14 years, claims that she was let go from 'Life' because she objected to a gay storyline that had been written for her character. She tells FOX News that when she brought up her questions towards the storyline due to her devout Christian beliefs which helped sculpt her Carlotta Vega character, she was replaced.
The 59-year-old Mauceri says that she "did not object to being in a gay storyline. I objected to speaking the truth of what that person, how that person would live and breathe and act in that storyline ... And this goes against everything I am, my belief system, and what I know the character's belief system is aligned to."
The scene at the center of the issue was one involving what FOX calls "gay-friendly dialogue."
Mauceri tells FOX that she's considering legal options regarding her termination.
An ABC spokesperson told FOX that they weren't aware of any claims of firing due to religious beliefs. Should such claims surface, however, the spokesperson said they "would be frivolous."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Might Be Huge One Tree Hill Fans
- Kim Kardashian Works Her Platinum Hair One Last Time for Elle France: See the Photos!
- Patti Stanger: "I Was There That Night Mario Singer Cheated" on Ramona
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Grey's Anatomy Premiered 10 Years Ago Today! Here Are the Moments We're Still Ugly-Crying Over...
- Anna Kendrick Horrified by Her "Britney Spears Smile" in Red Carpet Photos: "There's Nothing but Fear in the Eyes"
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown, Says He "Needs Love"—Watch Now!