'Life' Star Fired for Religious Beliefs?
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 8th 2009 11:17AM
Mauceri, who was on 'OLTl' for 14 years, claims that she was let go from 'Life' because she objected to a gay storyline that had been written for her character. She tells FOX News that when she brought up her questions towards the storyline due to her devout Christian beliefs which helped sculpt her Carlotta Vega character, she was replaced.
The 59-year-old Mauceri says that she "did not object to being in a gay storyline. I objected to speaking the truth of what that person, how that person would live and breathe and act in that storyline ... And this goes against everything I am, my belief system, and what I know the character's belief system is aligned to."
The scene at the center of the issue was one involving what FOX calls "gay-friendly dialogue."
Mauceri tells FOX that she's considering legal options regarding her termination.
An ABC spokesperson told FOX that they weren't aware of any claims of firing due to religious beliefs. Should such claims surface, however, the spokesperson said they "would be frivolous."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Hudson Leads Sexy Biker Gang as Mother of Anarchy for Halloween: See Her Ab-Baring Leather Costume
- Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan's 2014 Halloween Costumes: Kimye, Peter Pan, Zombies, and More!
- Honey Boo Boo's Anna Cardwell on What She Would Say to Alleged Child Molester: "Leave or I'm Gonna Call the Cops"
- Kate Hudson Throws A Sons of Anarchy Themed Halloween Party
- Grandma Reveals She Rescued Anna, Now Terrified Honey Boo Boo In Danger
- Friends Begin Congratulating Jessica Biel On ‘Impending Motherhood’
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- 'Duck Dynasty's' Jep Robertson speaks out on mysterious illness
- Kim Kardashian's corset selfie raises questions: How dangerous is the practice of corseting?