'Life' Star Fired for Religious Beliefs?
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 8th 2009 11:17AM
Mauceri, who was on 'OLTl' for 14 years, claims that she was let go from 'Life' because she objected to a gay storyline that had been written for her character. She tells FOX News that when she brought up her questions towards the storyline due to her devout Christian beliefs which helped sculpt her Carlotta Vega character, she was replaced.
The 59-year-old Mauceri says that she "did not object to being in a gay storyline. I objected to speaking the truth of what that person, how that person would live and breathe and act in that storyline ... And this goes against everything I am, my belief system, and what I know the character's belief system is aligned to."
The scene at the center of the issue was one involving what FOX calls "gay-friendly dialogue."
Mauceri tells FOX that she's considering legal options regarding her termination.
An ABC spokesperson told FOX that they weren't aware of any claims of firing due to religious beliefs. Should such claims surface, however, the spokesperson said they "would be frivolous."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy: I've Already Lost My Wedding Ring, Haven't Seen The View
- George the Goldfish Swims After $200 Surgery to Remove Life-Threatening Tumor
- Nick Jonas No Longer Wears Purity Ring, Had "Intense" Religious Journey
- Changing Her Tune! Kylie Jenner Ditching Modeling To Become A Pop Star ? She Thinks She's ?The Next Katy Perry,' Says Friend
- Melissa Rivers ?Absolutely' Will File Lawsuits Against Yorkville Endoscopy, Source Says ? Joan Rivers ?Didn't Have To Die'
- Golden Years: David Bowie A Sexual Wild-man In Earlier Days, According To New Book
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album