Tila Tequila Claims Alcohol Allergy
In fact, she says, "That is how I got the name Tila 'Tequila' cuz the irony."
Merriman was taken into custody after the alleged incident and is accused of battery and false imprisonment.
According to the reports, Tequila and Merriman were out at a club that night and after leaving, went back to his apartment. Merriman reportedly got upset when Tequila tried to leave, which is when she claims he "choked and physically restrained" her.
Merriman released a statement proclaiming his innocence, in which he said, "At the time, I was concerned about her welfare given the intoxicated state she appeared to be in and I encouraged her to stay until safe transportation could be provided. We would all do our best to help a friend if we considered their actions to be detrimental to their personal safety.
"I in no way caused any harm to [Tequila], however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported," the statement continued.
"It's kind of a tough situation where you think you're doing the right thing," Merriman said. "I'm glad that everyone was safe at the end of the day. I don't think I will regret that part."
James Brennan, the owner of the Stingaree nightclub where Tequila and Merriman spent the evening, disagrees with Tequila's claims that she was not under the influence of alcohol at the end of the evening. Several of his employees told him the reality star drank shots of tequila and vodka.
"She wasn't like falling down or anything of that nature, but she was visibly intoxicated," Brennan told the Associated Press. "It sounds like she's allergic to the truth."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- James Blunt Marries Sofia Wellesley, Celebrates In Lavish Majorca Ceremony: Details
- Jennifer Lawrence Supports Chris Martin at iHeartRadio Music Festival: Picture, Details
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Parenting Willow and Jaden, Marriage, and "Sisterhood" With Angelina Jolie
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Nattie Attacks Summer Rae and Pulls Her Out of a Car by Her Hair—See the Intense Total Divas Moment!
- Giuliana Rancic's New Signature Brand of Wine Is Bottled in Shatter-Proof Cups, "Geared Toward Women Like Me"
- John Travolta Breaks Out Into Song and Dance, Sings "You're the One That I Want" With Abigail Spencer