Ellen DeGeneres Taking Paula Abdul's Empty 'Idol' Seat
"I'm thrilled to be the new judge on 'American Idol.' I've watched since the beginning, and I've always been a huge fan. So getting this job is a dream come true, and think of all the money I'll save from not having to text in my vote," DeGeneres says.
But Ellen isn't abandoning her talk show. "I'm going to have a day job and a night job. The times we're living in ... we're all doing that."
Watch Ellen Make Her Big Announcement
'Idol' executive producer Simon Fuller is pleased with the decision to hire DeGeneres.
"I could not be more excited to have Ellen join the 'American Idol' family. Ellen has been a fan of the show for many years, and her love of music and understanding of the American public will bring a unique human touch to our judging panel. I can't wait for this next season to begin," Fuller says.
Abdul announced in August via Twitter that she would not be returning to her judging role on 'Idol.' Many reports cite a salary dispute as the reason she left the show, with some estimates saying she asked for $10 million per season but did not get an offer that high. She's since been tapped to host VH1's 'Divas' concert on 9/17, and her name has been floated for other reality judging roles.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Lively Gushes About Ryan Reynolds, Answers 73 Questions in Vogue Video
- Karlie Kloss Gets Photobombed By Smiling, Clueless Woman Outside Gym in NYC: Hilarious Picture
- Pharrell Williams' Music Video for "Come Get It Bae" Features Twerking, Miley Cyrus Cameo: Watch!
- Sonja Morgan's New ?Housewives' Role As Casting Director For Season Seven
- Naya Rivera with Husband Ryan Dorsey in Mexico
- Jessa Duggar’s Boyfriend Slams Catholics For Their ‘Deadly Errors,’ Deletes Post After He’s Blasted With Criticism
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
- Ryan Gosling's Wax Figure Is Still Hotter Than Anyone Around: See the Hunky Pic!
- Taylor Lautner Is Naked, Crazed and Bearded in Cuckoo Trailer—Watch Now!
- Just When You Thought Chris Pratt Couldn't Get Any Dreamier, He French Braided a Girl's Hair During an Interview