NBC Says 'SNL' Fat Firing Is Bogus, But Our Readers Don't Buy It
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 11th 2009 07:05AM
Responding to a recent report that Wilson was fired because she was ordered to lose 30 pounds over the summer and didn't, NBC told The Wrap the following: "There's absolutely no truth at all to the rumors regarding Casey Wilson. Her contract was simply not renewed."
The uproar began thanks to an E! column by Ted Casablanca, who cited "inside comedy sources" who claimed that "producers told the curvy Casey to lose 30 pounds during the show's summer hiatus. They pretty much demanded it. And whether Wilson just couldn't drop the weight or she just only wanted to give her middle finger some exercise, she didn't drop a damn pound. And that's when she was axed, we're told."
In polls that we ran around our initial coverage of the story, PopEater readers sided with Casablanca's story. Sixty-three percent of our readers thought Wilson was fired because she was heavy. Perhaps even more telling, a whopping 89 percent of our readers said that 'SNL' has a weight double-standard, as heavy-set men like Chris Farley, John Belushi and Horatio Sanz were often given meaty roles based entirely on their girth while the female cast has remained on the very thin side.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jon Hamm: Jennifer Westfeldt Knows the Secret Ending to Mad Men
- Keyshia Cole Arrested After Attacking Woman in Boyfriend Birdman's Condo
- Justin Bieber Is Aware No One Likes His Mustache, Tells Fans to "Calm Down": Picture
- ?Duck Dynasty' Medical Crisis! The Truth About Phil Robertson’s Alleged Hospital Stay Revealed
- The Show Will Go On! ‘Fashion Police’ To Return On E! ?As Joan Rivers Would Have Wanted' In 2015
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Melissa Rivers Confirms That Fashion Police Will Continue On—Get All the Details!
- Clint Dempsey Isn't Just a Soccer Hero—He Raps, Too, Remember?! Watch Him Do His Hip-Hop Thing Right Here
- Mariah Carey and Dem Babies "Have Fun 'Under the Sea'" During Aquarium Date—See the Pics!