VMAs Preview: What's In Store For 2009
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 12th 2009 01:30PM
VMAs with new moments going down in pop culture history. Whether Britney Spears is caught kissing Madonna or a Rage Against The Machine bassist decides it's a good idea to climb the set fixtures, we're sure this year will have plenty of surprises. After the jump, check out what we think will be the most talked about moments during the 2009 VMAs, and be sure to tune into the show (Sept. 13 @9pm EST) and PopEater.com for full live coverage.- With Lady Gaga and Beyonce both nominated for nine awards each, this will be an epic battle between the fashionable divas. Although Lady Gaga is rumored to have the upper hand, we think Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' will rock the house vote. Plus, these two ladies will both be performing, so we're hoping to see spectacular stage productions. (Get the full story.)
- Janet Jackson's tribute to her brother Michael Jackson is sure to be a massive celebration of the late King of Pop's life. Little information was given as to what exactly Janet's tribute will entail though. (Get the story.) Michael himself had several memorable VMA moments, including scoring a trophy in 1984 for 'Thriller' and 10 years later famously kissing wife Lisa Marie Presley on stage.
- This year, MTV will debut the movie trailers for the eagerly anticipated Michael Jackson documentary, 'This Is It,' and the extended trailer from the second installment of the 'Twilight' vampire franchise, 'New Moon.'
- British comedian Russell Brand will be making an encore appearance as MC. Last year his jokes about the Jonas Brothers' virginity caused controversy for weeks. We cannot wait to see who his target will be this year.
- The red carpet fashion and entrances are sometimes just as exciting as the award show itself. We're hoping someone tops last year's rides, which included T-Pain arriving on an elephant.
- Every year Britney Spears outdoes herself. While we aren't expecting her to kiss Madonna or dance around with a snake on her shoulders, we're hoping she gives us something to chat about the next day. We'll have to wait and see -- but in the meantime, take a look back at her best moments from year's past.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?New Girl' renewed for season 5 by Fox
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'sexist;' Comedy Central stands behind new 'Daily Show' host
- 'Britain's Got Talent' execs afraid of host's wardrobe malfunctions?
- ?Extra' Nominated for 2015 Daytime Emmy Award!
- ?DWTS' Dust-Up! Judge Bruno Under Fire for Slamming Charlotte McKinney
- Is This the Nastiest 'Real Housewives' Fight of All Time?
- Olivia Wilde Says Her Post-Baby Body Is "Soft" Like When She "Discovered Krispy Kreme and Pot"
- Younger's Costume Designer Wasn't Convinced She Could Make 40-Year-Old Sutton Foster Look 26: "I'm Not a Magician!"
- Renewed TV Shows for the 2015-16 Season: New Girl, Game of Thrones, Arrow, and More!