Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- Jason Derulo: Jordin Sparks Split Is "So Behind Me"
- Sarah Stage Poses in Bikini Photo Shoot Five Weeks After Giving Birth, Looks Perfectly Fit: Photos
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''