Lady Gaga's Performance Kills, Literally
By Melissa Daniels Posted Sep 13th 2009 11:00PM
VMA's night of performances, Lady Gaga took over the stage just like she'd been promising. She began her performance lying in the middle of the floor of an aristocratic and extravagant set, surrounded by dancers scantily clad in white. Slowly, and almost operatically, Gaga launched into a powerful arrangement of 'Poker Face,' and transitioned into her hit, 'Paparazzi.' Watch after the jump.
Not unlike Madonna and her infamous 'Like a Virgin' VMA show from two and a half decades ago, Gaga sang, danced and passionately flung herself about the stage. Channeling her cabaret and theater background, Gaga effectively used the same 'death by love' concept from the 'Paparazzi' video in the performance.
Showing off real vocal skill and putting on quite the graphic spectacle, the act culminated in Gaga hanging from the ceiling and smeared in fake blood. Now that's theatrics.
Gaga's had been hyped up by blogger Perez Hilton, who had described her performance as "next-level." Gaga herself had said, " I can't wait to go to the awards show and hopefully kick some ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Germanwings Co-Pilot's Ex-Girlfriend Says Andreas Lubitz Predicted That "Everyone Would Remember His Name", Was "Planning a Heinous Act"
- Hart of Dixie Season Finale: Two Weddings, One Baby, and One Big Sing-Along!
- Michelle Rodriguez Is "Obsessed" With Caviar, Spends $700 a Meal
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Jeremy London Is Latest to Join Mallrats 2—Which Other Former Cast Members Are Returning?
- 7 Reasons Why Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Would Actually Be the Perfect Couple
- Gwen Stefani's Dad Gets Temporary Restraining Order to Protect Family From Alleged Stalker